Page 1 of 44 123411 ... LastLast

Match Thread : England Women vs USA Womens World Cup Semifinal

5 Not allowed!
    Thought I'd create a thread for tonights match for those who are going to watch/follow. With the USA being the current World Champions and favourites to win the competition its going to be a tough match for the Lionesses but USA have shown they can be shaky at the back so if we play at our best I think we can do it.

Venue : Parc Olympique Lyonnais
    Kick-off : 8pm BST

I really, really hope that Neville doesn't go with Duggan again tonight as shes been quite poor as she comes back from injury. I'd play Carney instead, though I think she'll probably be used as an impact sub. Key players for England are Bronze, White and Houghton. I'm going for a 3-2 England win - what does everyone else think?

Come on you Lionesses!!!
    Sports nut. BHAFC East Stand and BHAWFC season ticket holder. Brighton and Newcastle supporter.

Raising money for HEAL Project Zambia which works with children and adults with HIV/Aids : http://www.healprojectzambia.org.uk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by zeetha View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thought I'd create a thread for tonights match for those who are going to watch/follow. With the USA being the current World Champions and favourites to win the competition its going to be a tough match for the Lionesses but USA have shown they can be shaky at the back so if we play at our best I think we can do it.

Venue : Parc Olympique Lyonnais
      Kick-off : 8pm BST

I really, really hope that Neville doesn't go with Duggan again tonight as shes been quite poor as she comes back from injury. I'd play Carney instead, though I think she'll probably be used as an impact sub. Key players for England are Bronze, White and Houghton. I'm going for a 3-2 England win - what does everyone else think?

Come on you Lionesses!!!
      Duggan looks like a player being selected on reputation rather than form - I think Mead would be the better option.
      If we lived in a perfect place nobody would vote Tory.

0 Not allowed!
      Gotta be worth a nibble for us to qualify.

Name:  wer.JPG
Views: 404
Size:  15.4 KB

The terrific Bronze taking out their match-winner with the dodgy coloured barnet.

0 Not allowed!
      I'll be watching.
      The crossbars are too high for the keepers but it's a semi final of tournament football at the end of the day!
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Millie Bright's an accident waiting to happen at the back. She's slow and has got away with her sloppy errors so far.

The States will punish any mistakes from her or others - they've got far too much class going forward.

Very happy to be bounced here as I'd love England to progress, but I think it'll be a narrow 0-2 defeat against the #1 ranked side and holders.
      "To be honest, I was holding out just for Brighton really. This is where I wanted to be."
      - Bobby Zamora, Tuesday 4th August 2015
      "It does not matter what league you are in, the goalposts don't move."
      - Glenn Murray, Sunday 4th March 2018

0 Not allowed!
      I'll be watching.

The Guardian pod were speculating that Neville might deploy Lucy Bronze in midfield instead of fullback as he did the last time the teams met in a 2-2 draw, although I think she's probably best staying where she is and taking care of the dangerous Rapinoe.

Should be a cracking game UNLESS the yanks score early and then just shut up shop, which they are wont to do.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
      Millie Bright's an accident waiting to happen at the back. She's slow and has got away with her sloppy errors so far.
      I've watched England throughout this tournament and she is definitely the weak link. Undoubtedly bailed out too often by Steph Houghton who really is a class defender.

Make no mistake about this game - it will be won and lost on the English defensive display, because both sides are potent going forward.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Looking forward to this.

Semi Final against the Yanks?

Going to be a huge TV audience for this one.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post

The States will punish any mistakes from her or others - they've got far too much class going forward.

Very happy to be bounced here as I'd love England to progress, but I think it'll be a narrow 0-2 defeat against the #1 ranked side and holders.
      Must agree that she is the weak link. With whom could we replace her
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      Must agree that she is the weak link. With whom could we replace her
      Leah Williamson
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.