NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
VAR was correct tonight.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Really entertaining match. Great goals including the disallowed one. Some terrible duffs and foul throws as well! Pity Ellen White didn't take the pen..

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well it has to be said the better team won but England only have themselves to blame. Obviously terrible penalty and not sure why White didn't take it as the player on form.

With regard to the overall performance, far to poor in decision making from England. Far to many misplaced passes or passing to the player who's not in a position to receive the ball. Also, poor defending from Bronze cost us and also Daly didn't help get back quick enough at times.

As for offside, under the rules, it was offside. Personally, think it should be based purely on where the feet are.

Finally, isn't Millie Bright the female equivalent of Doug Rougvie?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There needs to be the cricket equivalent of "umpires call" in the way it's being used.

Had our goal been allowed but the pen not been given, nobody would have complained on either side.

I believe the umpires call is basically to allow for the +/- margin of error surely there has to be the same for football. I realise cricket is based on ball trajectory so has to be calculated but that offside line is so thick it's possible that it's not in exactly the correct place.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Let’s see what the TV viewing figures are for tomorrow’s game

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Shame, but we gave the US a good run for their money, probably their hardest game in this WC.

Respect to the women for playing some passionate and entertaining football.

Bloom is definitely thinking ahead and investing in the ladies game. It does have great potential and I can't knock it.
The women proved that they can play good and attractive football. I must say that against my expectations, I watched the last few England games and was very impressed at times. However, I cannot see the women's game taking off, as where are all the fans going to come from? It already costs me almost 1500 for my ticket and two lads plus parking. That's without any extras. I'm sure that I'm not the only one looking at the cost and wondering if it's worth it. And that's without considering the time factor of supporting two separate teams.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It just shows that there's nothing that English men can do in football that English women can't do just as well.

Losing 2-1 in a World Cup Semi-Final.

That's equality.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Neville:

'It was difficult after we went down to 10 MEN'!

Here comes the offended parade.

Makes me laugh most of the ladies shout ‘man on’ - that’s a fact! Sexist the lot of them........

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Whenever the ref is told to come to the screen and "check for a possible penalty ", the ref ALWAYS gives it. By observation, that's what happens.

Not sure that's how VAR was intended to be implemented. Must be the power of suggestion, combined with the pressure of being put on the spot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Experience told in the end but England getting better. Dramatic match.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Well it has to be said the better team won but England only have themselves to blame. Obviously terrible penalty and not sure why White didn't take it as the player on form.

With regard to the overall performance, far to poor in decision making from England. Far to many misplaced passes or passing to the player who's not in a position to receive the ball. Also, poor defending from Bronze cost us and also Daly didn't help get back quick enough at times.

As for offside, under the rules, it was offside. Personally, think it should be based purely on where the feet are.

Finally, isn't Millie Bright the female equivalent of Doug Rougvie?

This made me chuckle. :lol:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let’s see what the TV viewing figures are for tomorrow’s game

Not very high I’d imagine. After all, women’s football was banned for 50 years by our FA and is still recovering.

So, what is your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Neville:

'It was difficult after we went down to 10 MEN'!

Here comes the offended parade.

The stupidity of that comment is more to do with the fact that the game had gone, it was right at the end, we were not going to equalise.

Not to do with the fact that he used an old football cliche by mistake.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Sound Quality.
The crowd volume seems higher than JP's mic. I've had problems with all the games. Dolby is worse with JP mumbling something in the background. I presume he is at the ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here