Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] O/T - Best blackout blind for standard window? Advice please?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've got a bedroom window which I want to fit a blackout blind to. It's 170cm wide and has a 115cm drop. It's in a recess which is 10cm deep all the way around - so plenty of space to fit whatever gubbins come with the blind that I need to.

I'm after a recommendation for a brand - it needs to be a) full blackout, b) easy to fit.

TIA...

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I've got a bedroom window which I want to fit a blackout blind to. It's 170cm wide and has a 115cm drop. It's in a recess which is 10cm deep all the way around - so plenty of space to fit whatever gubbins come with the blind that I need to.

I'm after a recommendation for a brand - it needs to be a) full blackout, b) easy to fit.

TIA...

I used this company for conservatory windows. Easy to fit and full blackout. Lots of colour & style choices as well.

https://www.blinds-2go.co.uk/blackout-blinds.htm

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This leads me inextricably to the punchline for one of my favourite jokes ever.

"Nice tits. Now where do you want these blinds?"

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
I work nights generally so needed a dark room to sleep in so I just pinned a sheet of hardboard against the window and then put my wardrobe in front of the window. No bleed, perfect pitch black.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I work nights generally so needed a dark room to sleep in so I just pinned a sheet of hardboard against the window and then put my wardrobe in front of the window. No bleed, perfect pitch black.

Wow, why didn't I think of that......:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here