Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dead Man falls from sky in Clapham...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

"The society brunette, 32, ran her hand through her luxurious tresses and made her way to the bottom of the beautifully landscaped, substantial garden in THE RENTED £2.3 million detached Edwardian property in the sought-after south west London enclave of Clapham, popular with monied overseas investors and royalty alike. Flaunting her enviable curves in a figure-hugging £899 caramel coloured strappy dress from Stella McCartney, teamed with matching fawn coloured 3" heels (£1299, Jimmy Choo) and a rare Thierry LaCroix handbag in cappucino with rose gold detail, the Benenden-educated beauty put on an eye-popping display as she pointed out the damaged slates.

'It's just terribly hard to believe this kind of thing could happen round here, rather than in, say, Brentford", she reflected. "Those slates were only laid down six weeks ago, and we had them hand made by an artisan stone-mason in mid Wales. The artificial turf will have to be relaid too now, as there seems to be some sort of crease in it. It's just so very sad- we're desperately hoping they still have the same colour stone in stock'.

The stowaway is thought to have originated from Kenya."

Edited for you....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
WeatherGirls.jpg

Wow.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which magnitude is stowaway suitable for and which would 'illegally hid' cover for example?

I use language the other way around. I consider the context, then choose my words; I can’t therefore be bothered to do the reverse and list a load of scenarios for you. I think you understand what I mean though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I agree. Imagine how utterly desperate this guy was to climb into the gear housing for an 8 hour unpressurised flight at 30,000ft.
Desperate indeed - but it's a bit odd though - presumably he didn't realise he would be at 30,000 feet, without much oxygen, and in freezing temperatures, or he wouldn't have done it, as the chances of survival were zero.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I use language the other way around. I consider the context, then choose my words; I can’t therefore be bothered to do the reverse and list a load of scenarios for you. I think you understand what I mean though.

No, I 100 percent do not understand what you mean. The word stowaway was correctly used in the correct context. What word would you use ?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Obviously what happened to the stowaway is horrific but having a frozen corpse fall from the sky abd land a metre away from you and then splat all over you, your garden, your walls, and your fence has got to be so beyond traumatic it is ridiculous. How many hours of therapy will that take to get over??

Not so dramatic - deep-frozen, would have dropped like a stone with no time to thaw - intact mostly, I would suggest, defo no blood & guts ....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not so dramatic - deep-frozen, would have dropped like a stone with no time to thaw - intact mostly, I would suggest, defo no blood & guts ....

From the article I read:

“He had all his clothes on and everything. I had a closer look and saw there was blood all over the walls of the garden … I realised immediately that he had fallen."

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

[mod edit] Post deleted. This bloke has suffered a horrible death, for no reason other than wanting a better life. No need to be an absolute ****.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Look I'm sorry I know NSC is a fountain of all knowledge but even I draw the line at a deep-seated understanding of the consistency of a body that has been frozen on route from Nairobi and deposited above Clapham.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The media speculating on the “security” aspects of this. If the chap can sneak into a category “A” international hub and climb into the Landing gear bay...what’s to stop a terrorist climbing in there with a bomb.

I think they’re missing the point. What motivated the bloke to take this type of mortal risk? Terrorists tend to be a little less haphazard in their approach.

i think the point is extremely important. they take the risk because they misjudge it, not realizing they will be frozen/asphyxiated and never make the journey. it highlights contemptible security standards in some places while we have draconian security theater elsewhere.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sorry about that. Your post was massively out of order.

really....??? ok.....??? i guess i'll have to accept that ........but it was sort of continuing the tone of the conversation re freezing and the picture of the busted pavers with the comment underneath lead me to believe that we were taking a humorous direction....wrong again...! what a ****.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
really....??? ok.....??? i guess i'll have to accept that ........but it was sort of continuing the tone of the conversation re freezing and the picture of the busted pavers with the comment underneath lead me to believe that we were taking a humorous direction....wrong again...! what a ****.

No drama. There's plenty of distasteful posts on this thread that honestly didn't need to be made. Yours just crossed a line, IMO. No offence meant, I'm sure, and no harm done.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Perhaps you could suggest words to replace stowaway for varying magnitudes of event. Which magnitude is stowaway suitable for and which would 'illegally hid' cover for example?

Bunked?

As in "he bunked the 'plane to England"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here