Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Dead Man falls from sky in Clapham...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Nearly killing a bloke sunbathing in his garden.

Does this shit happen often?

Apparently the guy was stowed away on a flight from Nairobi to Heathrow, in the landing gear, at temperatures of -60

Until the gear was lowered and dropped his frozen corpse into this blokes yard.

Imagine lying in your back garden reading the Zaha transfer saga when a frozen man lands 1m away.

Just horrific.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Nearly killing a bloke sunbathing in his garden.

Does this shit happen often?

Apparently the guy was stowed away on a flight from Nairobi to Heathrow, in the landing gear, at temperatures of -60

Until the gear was lowered and dropped his frozen corpse into this blokes yard.

Imagine lying in your back garden reading the Zaha transfer saga when a frozen man lands 1m away.

Just horrific.

Only speed read the last two lines and thought palace had delivered Zaha.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet people who refuse to turn right when boarding a plane will happily sit in their ivory towers and pour scorn on those seriously less fortunate and their desperate attempts to come to the UK.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Yet people who refuse to turn right when boarding a plane will happily sit in their ivory towers a pour scorn on those seriously less fortunate and their desperate attempts to come to the UK.

I agree. Imagine how utterly desperate this guy was to climb into the gear housing for an 8 hour unpressurised flight at 30,000ft.

Dear Christ.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Obviously what happened to the stowaway is horrific but having a frozen corpse fall from the sky abd land a metre away from you and then splat all over you, your garden, your walls, and your fence has got to be so beyond traumatic it is ridiculous. How many hours of therapy will that take to get over??

el punal

Tragic incident I know, but this reminds me of a similar sort of story of something falling out of the sky - all in the best possible bad taste.

A couple of years ago a family, living in the Chichester area I think, were shocked to find that their conservatory roof was covered in shit. Puzzled as to how this could have occurred it was reckoned that a plane flying overhead had decided to dump the contents of the aircraft toilet earthbound. Talk about being shat upon from a great height. :shit: :eek:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The BBC have been calling this poor person a stowaway in their reporting all morning, which doesn't sit too well with me.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Tragic incident I know, but this reminds me of a similar sort of story of something falling out of the sky - all in the best possible bad taste.

A couple of years ago a family, living in the Chichester area I think, were shocked to find that their conservatory roof was covered in shit. Puzzled as to how this could have occurred it was reckoned that a plane flying overhead had decided to dump the contents of the aircraft toilet earthbound. Talk about being shat upon from a great height. :shit: :eek:

If I was a pilot I’d be tempted to liven up otherwise dull flights by dumping the chemical toilets over various locations and imagine myself a WW2 bomber ace at the helm of a mighty Lancaster.

I’d target Selhurst, Steve Parish’s pool, De La Salle Academy (RC) in Liverpool (personal vendetta) and Goldstone Business park.

I’d shout “TALLY HO!!” As I pulled the lever and sent the turds hurtling earthwards.

I’d also be wearing a silk scarf and goggles.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
NINTCHDBPICT000502189544-1.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The BBC have been calling this poor person a stowaway in their reporting all morning, which doesn't sit too well with me.

Much sympathy for the man who must have been desperate, as others on here have rightly pointed out - but what is wrong with using the word 'stowaway'? That, by definition, is exactly what he was.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Much sympathy for the man who must have been desperate, as others on here have rightly pointed out - but what is wrong with using the word 'stowaway'? That, by definition, is exactly what he was.

I don't know, it just sounds wrong on their short reports. Just coming across a tad flippant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yet people who refuse to turn right when boarding a plane will happily sit in their ivory towers and pour scorn on those seriously less fortunate and their desperate attempts to come to the UK.

Yes but Nigel Farage tells us this country is full. :shrug:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The media speculating on the “security” aspects of this. If the chap can sneak into a category “A” international hub and climb into the Landing gear bay...what’s to stop a terrorist climbing in there with a bomb.

I think they’re missing the point. What motivated the bloke to take this type of mortal risk? Terrorists tend to be a little less haphazard in their approach.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Saw this on Twitter yesterday. Somebody in the Daily Mail office felt a key element of the headline was the inclusion of the house price where the poor bloke landed. As if somebody living in a £200k, help-to-buy new build in Reigate would find the sight of a frozen corpse plummeting into the flowerbeds any less distressing than a millionaire in Clapham :rolleyes:

D-a-PRuXYAAu62y.jpg:large

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saw this on Twitter yesterday. Somebody in the Daily Mail office felt a key element of the headline was the inclusion of the house price where the poor bloke landed. As if somebody living in a £200k, help-to-buy new build in Reigate would find the sight of a frozen corpse plummeting into the flowerbeds any less distressing than a millionaire in Clapham :rolleyes:

D-a-PRuXYAAu62y.jpg:large

Absolutely standard. Against their house rules, to mention a property in ANY context at all, without referencing its value.

Good grief - it would be like referring to a WOMAN, without alerting us to her HAIR COLOUR :nono:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here