Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] 20/20 games at sussex

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Not been with a large group before, if you buy general admission for the 20/20s is this a sit where you want policy or is it best to book all tickets together?

el punal

Just thought I’d add my two penny worth for this thread. Back in my youth, many, many years ago I used to watch Sussex avidly. In the days of Lord Ted Dexter, Jim Parks, Trolley Buss, Motor Buss, etc. The Albion then took over so my cricketing watching waned and football took over.

Although I still follow cricket as an armchair wallah I was pleasantly surprised to be invited to the Toilet Bowl (sorry, Rose Bowl, Ageas Bowl or whatever) by my brother in law. The event was a 20/20 game Hampshire against . . . yay! Sussex!!

What an enjoyable evening it was. Quite a few Sussex fans were there some with Martlets flags and GOSBTS rang out on occasions. I must admit to have been in a parochial support mood for Albion/Sussex and everyone else is shit mode - very ungentlemanly of me!

Hampshire batted first and our boys strangled them with tight bowling and some nifty fielding. Sussex went into bat and easily reached their target with a couple of overs to go (I think).

Very satisfying and a little mini-celebration for me at the end. Would I go again? Maybe, but the Albion, and football, are still my first sporting love even after fifty years. :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not been with a large group before, if you buy general admission for the 20/20s is this a sit where you want policy or is it best to book all tickets together?

Normally book seats in the SW stand (allocated seating) but GA works OK, plenty of areas you can use - wouldn't get there too late though as the T20s are usually pretty rammed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here