Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Laps or dining table ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lap sometimes, table other times. I do enjoy breakfast up at the table.
There are no little The Clamps so don’t need to spend quality time having conversations at the table. Occasionally, if my self esteem is getting a bit high or I feel like an argument I’ll try and engage Mrs. The Clamp in conversation but not often.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I eat at the table as that is always what we did when I was a kid. We don't have the TV on when eating together as it's the perfect time to catch up with each other. I still sit at the table when if i'm eating alone though just because I find it more comfortable but our kitchen/diner/lounge is open plan. I can understand people with a separate dining room not hiding themselves away in there if eating alone and that's why I find separate dining rooms a bit of a waste of space.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Lap sometimes, table other times. I do enjoy breakfast up at the table.
There are no little The Clamps so don’t need to spend quality time having conversations at the table. Occasionally, if my self esteem is getting a bit high or I feel like an argument I’ll try and engage Mrs. The Clamp in conversation but not often.

I tend to just chat with Alexa instead of the wife.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
We have two of those old people type TV trays I bought out of those catalogues that sells plastic soled shoes and trouser presses. I used to eat off it religiously but since we have had the little man we have migrated to the dining table.

We say it is to teach him good manners, but is really because the little toe rag pulls the TV trays down. They still get usage on takeaway night when he has gone to bed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Or you don't own a table.

We have one of those fold out tables with chairs in it. If we cook a special meal we’ll get it out but it’s a faff for every meal. And one thing I loathe is faff. Years ago, when we liked each other we would put the effort in, can’t be bothered much now.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I tend to just chat with Alexa instead of the wife.

That’s what your wife told me at Breakfast the other day.

“He just sits talking to Alexa all day” She said. “I know Darling, I said...is that thong not chafing”

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
That’s what your wife told me at Breakfast the other day.

“He just sits talking to Alexa all day” She said. “I know Darling, I said...is that thong not chafing”

Ffs Bevendean... I have to.... but you ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here