Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fans’ Forum 8/8; open training at Amex 24/7

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I wasn't aware of tickets for the fans forum. I thought they were automatically allocated to the Ministry of Silly Questions.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wasn't aware of tickets for the fans forum. I thought they were automatically allocated to the Ministry of Silly Questions.

Expect an army of bottle top complainers

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Open Training.
My Club of 45 years used to know me by my first name, when I asked what time KO was the answer was 'what time can you get here'. Now it's money money money and more money. I've a ST (since the wooden seats of the South Stand) and occasionally take my Daughter and now my Granddaughter. Cup games, when the club struggle to sell tickets, we'd all be there pie, drinks, sweets and flags in hand.
Now I've got to sign them up to some My Albion scheme to allow them to see the players. NO! It should be an Our Supporters scheme whereby we get a free loyalty card, whether or not we have a ST, just for being a fan. Come on PB, you're slowly turning away fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Open Training.
My Club of 45 years used to know me by my first name, when I asked what time KO was the answer was 'what time can you get here'. Now it's money money money and more money. I've a ST (since the wooden seats of the South Stand) and occasionally take my Daughter and now my Granddaughter. Cup games, when the club struggle to sell tickets, we'd all be there pie, drinks, sweets and flags in hand.
Now I've got to sign them up to some My Albion scheme to allow them to see the players. NO! It should be an Our Supporters scheme whereby we get a free loyalty card, whether or not we have a ST, just for being a fan. Come on PB, you're slowly turning away fans.

For 35 of those years your club knew both it's fans by their first name. :lol:

Albion 1.2 has only one similarity to the original version - blue and white stripes, that's it, everything else is the 21st century.
I have no idea why a billion pound business is expected to be run like a cake stall at Didling village fayre.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I just hope Potter is ready for the question on leaving players upfield on corners, and that the panel are able to fully respond on expanding the Amex

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you know something Tony doesn’t?

I agree with the sentiment, just not the number...

Yep I went back to change it to 'multi million pound' then thought.

£250m stadium.
£30m Lancing.
£120m annual income.
Employing a fair few millionaires.

All owned by a man with unfathomable wealth.

At that point I thought 'ah bollox too it' and kept with the billion.

I guess I should have compromised it to US billion pound business!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Fans Forum 8/8, so big signing 7/8?

1723tsaam8v21.gif

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I can't imagine the attraction of attending an open training session, whether it's the Albion or Barcelona. Once you've seen one set of doggies, you've really seen them all.

Bad fan I know.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't imagine the attraction of attending an open training session, whether it's the Albion or Barcelona. Once you've seen one set of doggies, you've really seen them all.

Bad fan I know.

Totally agree to the point of never even mentioning it to Stat Club Jnrs.

But I'm somewhat excited by Mr Potter, I'm off work that day so we might just be popping along.

#SoExcited.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Open Training.

My club of 32 years once sold the stadium we played in without telling the fans, and then informed people they'd have to travel to Portsmouth to watch their team play. My club paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to Paul Scally to enable us to then play at an even worse stadium in the grotty end of Kent. My club played in front of less than 5,000 people per game during the last few seasons at the Goldstone, where people were handcuffing themselves to goalposts, risking life bans for protesting on the pitch against the ownership, boycotting matches and walking out of games with 15 minutes left to make a statement. My club played for over a decade at the worst stadium in the Football League, with facilities that would shame many a non league side, and signed players like Michael Mahoney-Johnson, Colin Hawkins and Valur Gislason.

My club now plays in one of the best stadiums in the country, in front of 30,000 people every time. My club has invested more money than I ever imagined in my wildest dreams, on players, infrastructure, staff and more. My club finds its tickets are in demand, and thus has to have a means of regulating sales, in order to ensure those tickets don't end up in the hands of those who shouldn't benefit. The membership costs £15 for a child under 12, and gives them the same benefits that used to be part of the Junior Seagulls package- discounts in the shop, Christmas parties, access to the open training sessions, a new shirt on their 7th birthday, a voucher for the shop, a birthday card and other stuff.

My club doesn't always get everything right, but surely if you're set on bringing the grandkids to games, it would benefit you (or their parents) to spend the £15 quid on memberships anyway. I know money (and value) is a subjective thing, but it doesn't seem a lot to me. The increase in crowds, global brand awareness (I know, I know...) and presumably interest from potential sponsors and investors suggests the club are doing more right than they are wrong these days.

We shouldn't always look back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Bad fan I know.

I rather imagine this sort of thing is aimed more at the younger fan base...don't you think? Hence the date during the school holidays :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here