Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Harper

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Wow! Another thread questioning Chris Hughton yet again!

I'm sure it was CH who told Simon Rusk to only name Harper on the bench and nothing to do with the fact that Connolly is better.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I'm sure it was CH who told Simon Rusk to only name Harper on the bench and nothing to do with the fact that Connolly is better.

You’re being too sensitive here, it’s only the op who has questioned CH, not one of the responses has?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Blimey.

As our manager for four and a half years he’s going to get the odd question mark raised over things that happened in that timescale. He was the best manager of the Amex era and, for me, our second best ever after Mullary. Does that make him exempt from questions or criticism? No, it shouldn’t. Does it mean that the lack of U23s breaking through should be swept under the carpet? No way.

Here, however, I strongly suspect the only person who wasted Jack Harper’s chance at Brighton was Jack Harper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He helped his Dad put our blinds up in our place in Spain a few weeks back. Nice family - good luck to him.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Well, Harper was in the U23s a good year or two before Connolly was involved.

But he never showered himself in glory and I doubt the club will lose too much sleep over his £1.5m transfer to sit on Getafe's bench. It seemed to become apparent fairly early on that neither Harper nor Hambo were going to work out for us.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

:shrug:

Connolly made his debut for the U-23s twelve days after Harper moved to Malaga.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Blimey.

As our manager for four and a half years he’s going to get the odd question mark raised over things that happened in that timescale. He was the best manager of the Amex era and, for me, our second best ever after Mullary. Does that make him exempt from questions or criticism? No, it shouldn’t. Does it mean that the lack of U23s breaking through should be swept under the carpet? No way.

Here, however, I strongly suspect the only person who wasted Jack Harper’s chance at Brighton was Jack Harper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odd question mark is understandable - every bloody thread having a post (or many posts) criticising/questioning him is not.
He deserves FAR more respect than he is getting

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It seemed to become apparent fairly early on that neither Harper nor Hambo were going to work out for us.

Pig commando Hambo has popped up in the Romanian Liga 1 for the Astralii who ply their trade against Puștii lui Hagi (Hagi's Kids) where our Băluță played alongside young Hagi Jnr (Ian).

Good luck to him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here