Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mateju

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So 'Mrs' Mateju is officially no longer one of OUR wags.

farewell sweet princess :down:

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
...reported by the Argus when he first made the loan move a year ago as 5 million euros (around 4.4 million GBP at that time).

So we have seen a return on a Development player. While it would be good to see some more lads breaking through into the first team squad second best is to see some financial gain.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
During recent times have we ever disclosed the fee either incoming or outgoing? There are usually many estimates but nothing official.

Some press/club jurisdictions don’t honour the undisclosed nature of our deals. Bruge I believe confirmed the initial fee for Jose when he signed for example.

But if you’re eluding to some transfer value conspiracy at the Albion then you’re way off line.

Nice to see the buy him low sell ‘em high development philosophy pay off. Cracking work all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some press/club jurisdictions don’t honour the undisclosed nature of our deals. Bruge I believe confirmed the initial fee for Jose when he signed for example.

But if you’re eluding to some transfer value conspiracy at the Albion then you’re way off line.

Nice to see the buy him low sell ‘em high development philosophy pay off. Cracking work all.

I believe that it is done, not as a conspiracy, but to not show how much we are prepared to pay. and thus not affect any future deals that we do.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Would be great to know what profit we've made on him.

£3m maybe?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Would be great to know what profit we've made on him.

£3m maybe?

Just before he signed for us in early August 2017, there was reporting from the Czech Republic that his fee would be (including all add-ons) around £2.23m. A few days later the Argus also reported that the fee could rise to "..around £2 million." We obviously don't know what the upfront fee was, and whether any of the add-ons were actually triggered.

The Argus reported last summer that he would be sold to Brescia for "..around £4.4 million."

So, I think our profit is likely to be nearer £2m than £3m.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So just over 2 million in two years. This surely is the business model of the academy. We may only get one premier league first team player every 3 years on average, but in the mean time we can make modest profits on sales to make it sustainable.

Just before he signed for us in early August 2017, there was reporting from the Czech Republic that his fee would be (including all add-ons) around £2.23m. A few days later the Argus also reported that the fee could rise to "..around £2 million." We obviously don't know what the upfront fee was, and whether any of the add-ons were actually triggered.

The Argus reported last summer that he would be sold to Brescia for "..around £4.4 million."

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Minus wages for 2 years. May as well not have bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here