Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Paint ......

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Time to decorate the sitting room and I was persuaded by Mrs W to use Farrow and Ball paint based on a work mates recommendation. Now as an ex-property developer I've painted a few rooms in my time using cheap paint but WTF ..... how can something that costs twice the price of say Dulux or Crown be so shite. I've seen thicker water !!!!! Really - avoid !!!!

*rant over as Westdene departs to put yet ANOTHER coat of gold plated paint on the walls*

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Time to decorate the sitting room and I was persuaded by Mrs W to use Farrow and Ball paint based on a work mates recommendation. Now as an ex-property developer I've painted a few rooms in my time using cheap paint but WTF ..... how can something that costs twice the price of say Dulux or Crown be so shite. I've seen thicker water !!!!! Really - avoid !!!!

*rant over as Westdene departs to put yet ANOTHER coat of gold plated paint on the walls*

Did you give it a stir first? :wink:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

0211fda9fb359d3e33d0691fa8978ca8.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

I think you may be getting over emulsional.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It's all about chalk content, and F&B is very high. If it's like piss you've got a dud tin, or as mentioned - you've not stirred it properly!

F&B, yes - you're paying for the name. If you want an F&B colour, take a cut-out chip from the brochure card (or buy an F&B tester and paint some white board with it) then take it to Brewers and get them to colour match this 'unknown colour you just love' with their own Trade Matt Emulsion (which is excellent).

It's against their rules to directly match F&B to their own emulsion, but if you play the game and they're blameless - it's all good, and you can save a fortune :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Always buy trade emulsion, worth every penny extra it costs. And they’ll match to you fancy pants Farrow and Ball ( saw you coming) colour sample.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
F & B is very good, but needs to used by someone who really understands how to prepare a surface, as ever the paint is the very last thing to done and should take 2-3 coats before obliteration.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Look at me, I’m middle class. :lolol:

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Talking of paint, whats the going rate nowadays for a painter and decorator?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If you go to Johnstones they have lab matched every F&B colour. No need for a paint chip they’ll give you an exact match just from the name.
A bit of recent experience to bear in mind. Dec i know refuses to use F&B so lost a job where the customer was adamant about it. Instead at great expense got a F&B approved painter in who did his prep, coated in F&B primer, two coats F&B undercoat, three topcoats. Peeling by the end of the week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My father in law used to be a professional painter & decorator many decades ago, before going back into the steel industry. He swore by Wilkinson's own brand paint. We bought some recently to redecorate our bedroom, and were pleased with it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

The last failed property developer I remember on NSC then went on to be a failed prospective councilor.

You have been warned :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The last failed property developer I remember on NSC then went on to be a failed prospective councilor.

You have been warned :wink:

And who said I was a falied property developer ? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here