Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marko Grujic

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Brighton & Hove Albion have missed out on Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic after leaving it too late to make their move - not like our recruitment team to be left behind?!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The other takeaway is that it would appear that we will be dipping our toe into the loan market. Something that we haven't done since being in the PL.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Brighton & Hove Albion have missed out on Liverpool midfielder Marko Grujic after leaving it too late to make their move - not like our recruitment team to be left behind?!
Sudden new requirement or someone higher up the list has fallen through.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I can live with that, I expect we still have other higher priority targets in this position.

Does make you wonder who is heading out the door!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The other takeaway is that it would appear that we will be dipping our toe into the loan market. Something that we haven't done since being in the PL.

Appart from Izzy Brown?

and trying to sign Joe Gomez?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Liverpool will receive a £2m loan fee plus £500,000 in potential bonuses. Hertha will pay his wages and there is also a penalty structure in the deal to guard against a lack of game time.

That doesn't disappoint me at all. 2.5m plus wages for someone that hasn't hit their first team? No thanks.

Besides, he was at Hertha last season, so it doesn't surprise me he would go back if he enjoyed his time there. Bit of a non-story.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
That doesn't disappoint me at all. 2.5m plus wages for someone that hasn't hit their first team? No thanks.

Besides, he was at Hertha last season, so it doesn't surprise me he would go back if he enjoyed his time there. Bit of a non-story.

Completely agree with this. Never head of him and would rather not waste millions on someone on loan who would cost loads on somebody unproven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Wasn't overly impressed with him at Cardiff but presumably given that Hertha wanted him again he must have done rather better there.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Wasn't overly impressed with him at Cardiff but presumably given that Hertha wanted him again he must have done rather better there.

Was very well thought of at Hertha. Believe that the coach or manager thought he was the best midfielder he had seen ever at the club and made it will known. There was a stupid rumour somewhere early summer Liverpool would ask for £40 million for him but if papers are anything to go by Klopp also thinks he will be playing on a regular basis for Liverpool next year.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
And Tim Krul.

And Leo Ulloa.

But yep, apart from those three, no loan signings in our PL era.

:wozza:

And Tammy Abraham was a loan target before the beginning of the first premier league season before ending up at Swansea.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Deary me.

Actually heard of this bloke, so we were never going to sign him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When starting a thread like this, please at least put the source of the rumour so we can confirm 99% of the time it’s made up bollocks :)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8973265 said:
Perhaps if Graham Potter is able to implement a slightly more pressing and passing style as we expect some of the top clubs will be happy for their players to come here to progress.

So, now it's Hughton's football that stopped us from being able to sign talented youngsters on loan?
Got a source for that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here