Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I so hope Chelsea crash and burn......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have no axe to grind with Lampard (apart from believing his own hype maybe), but really, six months as a manager and being offered a BIG job in The Prem? Kin ridiculous.

Just be grateful Gus is not still our manager. Can you even being to imagine how much he’d be touting himself?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Arsenal Chelsea and/or Utd have all that is required to really screw up this season.

I really don't care who, just so long as one does.
I'd really enjoy it if 2 manage to drop a goolie.
All 3 would be living the dream.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've always quite liked Frank Lampard - was always a beacon of class in the Chelsea cesspit - but like you I will be properly pleased if this all goes wrong.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
This is a strange one on the surface but when you consider the transfer ban (which doesn’t look like being lifted), lost Hazard, Willian is starting to look like he might have peaked, add in a load of fair weather prima donnas like Luiz and Pedro. It is not that appetising a job right now for a big name manager. I’m surprised they haven’t gone for the Wolves manager though.

The team I most want to continue the downward spiral is Utd. I cannot stand them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It seems odd that he's being given the job with such limited experience, but I don't mind if he succeeds. Be quite nice if there's a successful English manager. I doubt he will though.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I have no axe to grind with Lampard (apart from believing his own hype maybe), but really, six months as a manager and being offered a BIG job in The Prem? Kin ridiculous.

That's all about timing isn't it? Imagine Chelsea looking for a former well thought of player a couple of seasons after Gus came to us? Just missed out on play offs, bit of a club legend, he'd have been on a very short short-list!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Just be grateful Gus is not still our manager. Can you even being to imagine how much he’d be touting himself?

Ironically Gus is better qualified than Frank for the role, certainly as a coach/manager he's achieved considerably more. Trouble is, he's a cannon and he's loose (ahem.)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ironically Gus is better qualified than Frank for the role, certainly as a coach/manager he's achieved considerably more. Trouble is, he's a cannon and he's loose (ahem.)

Of course he is, but he has shot himself in the foot so many times now I’m surprised he can still walk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope he does well there. He could've taken the easy option of a pressure-free lucrative career in a Sky Sports studio, but instead he's put himself out there as a coach and manager. Too many of our top class former England players opt for the TV/media career, when they have a wealth of experience in the game that they could put to good use. When we start trawling round for a new England manager, I'd much prefer it if we have the likes of Lampard potentially in the frame, rather than going down the foreign route again because of a lack of decent english options.

Team FF.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
It seems odd that he's being given the job with such limited experience, but I don't mind if he succeeds. Be quite nice if there's a successful English manager. I doubt he will though.

Yeah. I think it's win/win. His appointment does bring a tiny sliver of Englishness to what is basically a London-based foreign club, and it will be nice to see a successful English manager at a big club. On the other hand if he fails, well it's Chelsea and it couldn't happen to a more deserving club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm confused - why do you hope Chelsea crash and burn? Should they only go for out of job managers?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
First English managerial appointment at a top 4 club for many years, I want to see him do well. Don't understand all the dislike, if they'd have appointed another Italian or Spanish manager from a top flight club in their leagues everything would be ok?? I hope he makes a success of it and it gives other good young english managers a foot in somewhere else.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here