Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex vs Northants County Championship Division Two at Hove

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
They're getting a decent round of applause at least.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Worse than that defeat. Can you see us getting within 175 of our target? So, worst defeat ever against Northampton -not worst since any time.

No. Worst runs defeat for Sussex in history against anyone EVER

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m looking forward to the Sussex Website interview with Gillespie.
“So Dizz, didn’t quite go as planned today ....”
Or
“dizz, a bit of disappointing performance “

I’m as fed up with Sussex’s PR nonsense as with their batting

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Northants up to 4th in the table.

Just below Sussex...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The club puts a spin on playing younger players, but that’s not because they’re super-talented , it’s because they’re cheap.

But they're not that young.

Ok, Salt is 22 and Rawlins is, I think, 21 but Wells, Chopra, Evans, Brown and Wiese are all in their 30s (as is van Zyl). Haines is the only other genuinely young batter.

I think the problem is there are too many bits and pieces cricketers: Wells probably keeps his place because he bowls, Thomason and Beer are described as all-rounders - but they're not really. They're trying to turn Garton into a batsman now ... and he's someone with genuine pace.

I think Chopra is a step in the right direction though; we need another one

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Right lads let’s score one less than our first innings, then we can all feck off down the beach for the afternoon.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Embarrassing from Sussex but superb from Northamptonshire against a poor Sussex side and we had them 99 for 6 on the first day and they still managed to get to 273

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it also our record lowest run total from two completed innings in a first class match?

No. 143 in two complete innings at Worthing against Warwickshire in 1964. I'm not saying that's our lowest ever either, it's just an example of a lower total than today. Even Ian Thompson getting 10-49 in their first innings couldn't save us; mind you, nothing could help if you get bowled out for 23 chasing 206 in the second innings!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Right lads let’s score one less than our first innings, then we can all feck off down the beach for the afternoon.

Correct , a truly awful performance.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I just read that's the first time Northants have won at Hove in the County Championship since 1983.

Very briefly in 1997 as an 18 year old I worked at a hotel just off Hove seafront where Northamptonshire CCC stayed (They all had big glasses of milk with their breakfast I remember) when playing Sussex the year we finished bottom of the County Championship - not even THAT Sussex side of 1997 lost at home to Northants. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here