PRI_69889473.jpg

PRI_69889418.jpg

PRI_69889703.jpg

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Try the meat place in London Rd opposite the Open Market.

Or the butchers in Southwick Square.

Don’t confuse things, BG asked what was best between Malpase or Wickendens, he has his answer and made a decision, if you want your two choices entered into the meat raffle next week let him know!!! [emoji23]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Trust you to suddenly pipe up as you obviously have no one to creep around as it is close season. I think that you will find Fishersgate is an area of Portslade similarly I would suggest that Southwick and Shoreham as closely linked.

Fishersgate transcends Portslade & Southwick.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Don’t confuse things, BG asked what was best between Malpase or Wickendens, he has his answer and made a decision, if you want your two choices entered into the meat raffle next week let him know!!! [emoji23]

Tbf to BG it was Malpass. But I take your point 😅

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Which one do NSC poster believe is the best in quality and value for money Wicklenden Meats in Hangleton or Malpass in Portslade?

I thought Malpass was in Shoreham. Where is the one in Portslade ?

Didn't read ALL of this boring as shit thread, sorry.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I went into malpass when it first opened, took a look around made a quick assessment, and haven't been back since.

However, the son of an acquaintance who has been sous chef in a couple of the restaurants that our friends on the restaurant thread rave over, tells me the Hangleton butchers is excellent, but I was never convinced having seem some dodgy geezers bringing rabbits out the back of a transit there.

Have I been a little bit hasty in my judgement of both places up to now, has my associate's son (who I know, despite having studied at westminster catering College has been known to use the term 'a cheeky KFC') over estimated the quality supplied by these establishments, or have our friends on the restaurant thread been seriously over paying for their three courses.

I will let you decide ???

(Oh, and when I was a kid, Southwick, Fishersgate, Portslade, Mile oak and Easthill were all separate and we had regular fights to prove it, although we all picked on Hangleton :catfight:)

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Southwick is in East Sussex, Shoreham is in West Sussex (and Kingston Bucci seperates them anyway)

Southwick is primarily in West Sussex, but regardless, BG means the one in Shoreham.
:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Trust you to suddenly pipe up as you obviously have no one to creep around as it is close season. I think that you will find Fishersgate is an area of Portslade similarly I would suggest that Southwick and Shoreham as closely linked.

I'm Portslade through and through and I'll not have that. Fishersgate is another planet, mate. When I was a lad I'd occasionally venture down the road to Victoria Park, but with a heavy heart. Easthill had oak trees, and a pleasing topography. We were higher up the downs and much closer to God.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm Portslade through and through and I'll not have that. Fishersgate is another planet, mate. When I was a lad I'd occasionally venture down the road to Victoria Park, but with a heavy heart. Easthill had oak trees, and a pleasing topography. We were higher up the downs and much closer to God.

I’ll concur with that. Upper Portslade :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here