Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jezza Corbyn and his health ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Chris Williams like Corbyn is a commited anti racist.. He said nothing anti semitic. The right wing of the party have it in for him as he was going around country trying to get existing right wing MPs deselected. As Alexei Sayle says "Anti-racists being accused by racists of being racist...no greater ridiculousness"

Fair point.

I think there is another narrative here and it is about making yourself electable. I am old enough to remember how the Sun would phone up a labour council (Lambeth were always worth a punt) late on a Friday afternoon, and get through to someone holding the fort and ask 'Can you comment on your council's decision to ban Baa Baa Black Sheep?'. Poor sod on the other end of the phone, having heard nothing of this (because it was not true) would bluster 'I am sure that any policy decision would have been made with the full congnizance of the executive according to statues X and Y' etc. The next day the Sun headline would be 'Labour ban Baa Baa Black Sheep'.

Some in labour learned from this. Blair and Brown. Campbell. Mandleson. The lesson was run a tight ship, don't frighten the electorate, and move the country slowly and gently to the left without pissing everyone off. And manage the bloody PR. Poor old Brown forgot all about that when he eventually bullied his way into number ten.

Corbyn, regardless of his past actions, track record on this or that, is naive and completely hopeless as a politician. He became leader owing to crass stupidity by a section of patronizing labour MPs.

Expecting Corbyn to pull the iron out of the fire and lead labour to a general election victory, and the country to peace and prosperity, is a bit like expecting Trevor Francis to lead Leeds United (to name a former great organization, now in trouble) to promotion, the PL title and European domination over the next 5 years. It is simply not in eiter man's DNA to make that sort of success happen.

I am as guilty as many former labour supporters to bury his head in his hands at the state of Corbyn's labour. The first job in politics is to look like a winner. Then you win. Then you 'get stuff done' (to quote a current trope). You don't even start down that road when you don't have the brains or guts to throw to the wolves a naive colleague, like Williamson, who has bent over and painted 'kick me' on his own bare arse.

Corbyn forgets that success doesn't come just by surrounding yourself with great mates who shared your journey. This worked for Mickey Adams for a while, but we were in division 4 back then. Great mates can help when you are up against the political equivalents of Chester City. But the real world isn't even looking. They certainly start looking when you enter the national stage.

As Alexie Sayle hasn't said, anti racists being thought of as racist owing to fat-headed dithery mishandling of simple issues is their own silly fault.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Chris Williams like Corbyn is a commited anti racist.. He said nothing anti semitic. The right wing of the party have it in for him as he was going around country trying to get existing right wing MPs deselected. As Alexei Sayle says "Anti-racists being accused by racists of being racist...no greater ridiculousness

It’s a view ..I guess it’s who you are willing to I guess

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Fair point.

I think there is another narrative here and it is about making yourself electable. I am old enough to remember how the Sun would phone up a labour council (Lambeth were always worth a punt) late on a Friday afternoon, and get through to someone holding the fort and ask 'Can you comment on your council's decision to ban Baa Baa Black Sheep?'. Poor sod on the other end of the phone, having heard nothing of this (because it was not true) would bluster 'I am sure that any policy decision would have been made with the full congnizance of the executive according to statues X and Y' etc. The next day the Sun headline would be 'Labour ban Baa Baa Black Sheep'.

Some in labour learned from this. Blair and Brown. Campbell. Mandleson. The lesson was run a tight ship, don't frighten the electorate, and move the country slowly and gently to the left without pissing everyone off. And manage the bloody PR. Poor old Brown forgot all about that when he eventually bullied his way into number ten.

Corbyn, regardless of his past actions, track record on this or that, is naive and completely hopeless as a politician. He became leader owing to crass stupidity by a section of patronizing labour MPs.

Expecting Corbyn to pull the iron out of the fire and lead labour to a general election victory, and the country to peace and prosperity, is a bit like expecting Trevor Francis to lead Leeds United (to name a former great organization, now in trouble) to promotion, the PL title and European domination over the next 5 years. It is simply not in eiter man's DNA to make that sort of success happen.

I am as guilty as many former labour supporters to bury his head in his hands at the state of Corbyn's labour. The first job in politics is to look like a winner. Then you win. Then you 'get stuff done' (to quote a current trope). You don't even start down that road when you don't have the brains or guts to throw to the wolves a naive colleague, like Williamson, who has bent over and painted 'kick me' on his own bare arse.

Corbyn forgets that success doesn't come just by surrounding yourself with great mates who shared your journey. This worked for Mickey Adams for a while, but we were in division 4 back then. Great mates can help when you are up against the political equivalents of Chester City. But the real world isn't even looking. They certainly start looking when you enter the national stage.

As Alexie Sayle hasn't said, anti racists being thought of as racist owing to fat-headed dithery mishandling of simple issues is their own silly fault.

Can you condense this please

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you condense this please

Gezza may well be mostly harmless, well meaning, and not racist. But he's a hopeless leader because he doesn't know how to make his party electable.

Alternatively:

As Alexie Sayle hasn't said, anti racists being thought of as racist owing to fat-headed dithery mishandling of simple issues is their own silly fault

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Can you highlight where he said that?

He specifically named two(?) Brexiteers as the sort of 'bad tories' he couldn't stand, while naming three tories who are against Brexit (and actively trying to wreck it) as tories he thought were OK. End of simple explanation.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gezza may well be mostly harmless, well meaning, and not racist. But he's a hopeless leader because he doesn't know how to make his party electable.

Alternatively:

As Alexie Sayle hasn't said, anti racists being thought of as racist owing to fat-headed dithery mishandling of simple issues is their own silly fault

Excellent riposte!

It's history repeating itself really - back in the 80s the Labour Party chose a nice old left wing buffer from the back benches to be their (ineffective) leader, even more hampered by Militant tendency putting many grass roots Labour voters off. Then, 25-39 years later, they chooose another amusing old left wing buffer, with this time Momentum kicking in to make Labour less electable.
I wonder if they'll do the same again in the 2040s?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Excellent riposte!

It's history repeating itself really - back in the 80s the Labour Party chose a nice old left wing buffer from the back benches to be their (ineffective) leader, even more hampered by Militant tendency putting many grass roots Labour voters off. Then, 25-39 years later, they chooose another amusing old left wing buffer, with this time Momentum kicking in to make Labour less electable.
I wonder if they'll do the same again in the 2040s?

Yes, it needs a name though. And it needs to be in Latin. I give you.......this! :

'Nullum umquam compromissum descendendi cum electorate' morbum :lolol:

edited as my GCSE latin is clearly better than google translatewank

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
He specifically named two(?) Brexiteers as the sort of 'bad tories' he couldn't stand, while naming three tories who are against Brexit (and actively trying to wreck it) as tories he thought were OK. End of simple explanation.

So it is your interpretation rather than what was said. You should go into politics with that mindset. Never let facts get in the way of your biase.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Alternatively:

Thanks. Had a few and can’t read

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Fair point.

Too long : didn’t read as it’s a load of shite

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So it is your interpretation rather than what was said. You should go into politics with that mindset. Never let facts get in the way of your biase.

Oh get real, FFS. The inference was obvious to anyone with a grain of intelligence.

Perhaps he should have listed all tory MPs, with a 'good' or a 'bad' beside them to 'prove' to you personally that that's what he meant. Alternatively you do what the rest of the world does - draw reasonable conclusions from a reasonable sample.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, it needs a name though. And it needs to be in Latin. I give you.......this! :

'Nullum umquam compromissum descendendi cum electorate' morbum :lolol:

edited as my GCSE latin is clearly better than google translatewank

GCSE Latin - pfft! I did GCE Latin (three times; that's how many it took!) - so clearly longer ago than you. Hence most of it is no longer in the instantly retrievable parts of my memory bank, so I can't comment!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Oh get real, FFS. The inference was obvious to anyone with a grain of intelligence.

Perhaps he should have listed all tory MPs, with a 'good' or a 'bad' beside them to 'prove' to you personally that that's what he meant. Alternatively you do what the rest of the world does - draw reasonable conclusions from a reasonable sample.

Standard reply. Anyone who dares to disagree with you must be lacking in intelligence. What a pompous person you must be. So pleased not or likely to ever meet you.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The way I see it, Corbyn has two problems, (and dementia isn't one of them)

1) No politician can take such a ferocious and sustained barrage of abuse from the right wing press and not get dragged down. Most of the abuse is nonsensical, and is designed just to convince to the intellectually lightweight, but the sheer amount of mud being chucked means that doubt enters the minds even of those who detest that sort of publication.

2) The hordes who turned up and listened to him now won't (because of brexit). Imagine the reaction if Corbyn tried to do Glastonbury again this year. This means his strategy of going over the heads of the press to get people to share his message on social media won't work.

The Tories can balls up the country as much as they want and they'll still get in, as long as they outflank Farage by getting us out of the EU on any terms.

I'll be voting Labour. Because Peter Kyle is my MP and any other vote is a vote for the Tories, but I see a General Election as the least likely outcome of the coming chaos

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here