Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ?? The $ model of the Athletic (if it turns out to be similar/and featuring journalists like AN) is according to that piece $60 per year. or $5 a month.
    PS: actually there seem to be various payment models: https://theathletic.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
    It was mentioned that they charged $9.99 a month. I have no idea what the correct figure is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what added value The Athletic hopes to be able to offer.

In the United States, there is daily access to players and coaches. That doesn't happen here. Players are available on a very limited basis after matches and sometimes (but not at every club) at pre-match press conferences. The player quotes are usually held back a day so that there is some follow-up material available for the day after a match report appears.

I understand The Athletic expects something more like their American operation, which will be difficult to deliver, especially if they want quotes available quickly. The whisper is that they will instruct their writers to disregard the embargoes on quotes that the national papers' writers agree on. That will set the Athletic writers against their former colleagues. But it will also mean that they use up all their material at once and have nothing left between matches.

Interesting times ahead for the sports writing profession.
    This was quite well-covered in a recent piece I read: https://www.theringer.com/sports/201...ue-independent