Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter nth Longest Serving Manager in English Football

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Despite the lack of any football, Graeme Jones out at Luton. Graham Potter moves up one spot to 46th

To be fair, they hadn't won since February. Apparently the crowds had dropped too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You realise there is a fair chance that The Albion will become the first team in top flight history to not win a league game in a calendar year.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nigel Clough has left Burton Albion, moving Graham Potter up another place without a game of football being player. He is now in 45th spot, properly top half of the current 91 name list.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Woodgate out at Middlesbrough and Warnock in doesn't change Potter's position - Woodgate was appointed after Potter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nah...that will never happen....trust me!

For how many weeks have you had a finger poised over send, waitng to flick me with that? ??? :lolol: :thumbsup:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Up to 44th following the sacking for former Brighton player Lee Johnson at Bristol City.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Blimey, didn't see that one coming. He's done well for them, that's a harsh sacking

Possibly a bit harsh but they've had four straight defeats since the restart and just 2 draws from the last 9 games. That run has seen them drop from 7th, outside the playoffs on goal difference and 3 pts off the automatic promotion places to 12th, 19 pts from automatic promotion and 9 pts from the play offs. After finishing 11th and 8th the last two season they probably had legitimate hopes of the play offs this season. The bad run does come off the back of a decent run of 6 wins and 2 defeats in the previous 8 league games but those play off hopes have gone in the last few months and football is a harsh taskmaster.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
in the last year Bristol City have sold Adam Webster, Lloyd Kelly and Josh Brownhill to Prem sides for a combined £45 mill. What did the directors think was going to happen after that? Harsh sacking.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Possibly a bit harsh but they've had four straight defeats since the restart and just 2 draws from the last 9 games. That run has seen them drop from 7th, outside the playoffs on goal difference and 3 pts off the automatic promotion places to 12th, 19 pts from automatic promotion and 9 pts from the play offs. After finishing 11th and 8th the last two season they probably had legitimate hopes of the play offs this season. The bad run does come off the back of a decent run of 6 wins and 2 defeats in the previous 8 league games but those play off hopes have gone in the last few months and football is a harsh taskmaster.

When we were promoted, they were relegation candidates. Johnson has taken them from the bottom to be play-off contenders and, as Pav says, they were still competing even after selling their best players last season. There are several clubs in that league who have spent a lot more than Brizzle and got nowhere near the play-offs.

I think that's the harshest sacking of the season (or second harshest after Poch).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
When we were promoted, they were relegation candidates. Johnson has taken them from the bottom to be play-off contenders and, as Pav says, they were still competing even after selling their best players last season. There are several clubs in that league who have spent a lot more than Brizzle and got nowhere near the play-offs.

I think that's the harshest sacking of the season (or second harshest after Poch).
Did you see us destroy Poch's Spurs?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
43rd now after the brilliantly named Micky Mellon leaves Tranmere for Dundee United.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Now 40th. Eddie Howe left Bournemouth, I think the Wigan job must have caused a change, and Oldham?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here