Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls TV for free!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
At last the club has seen sense and acted kindly regarding online content. Free next season. Whilst I agree with @Guinnessboy about the club losing touch, this is a step in the right direction and is appreciated.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I hope you're right - reading the email it didn't appear completely clear to me.

I know they're providing content free right now (until changeover is complete) but the way they have worded it could still leave it open to being a two-tiered system, i.e. free highlights, but then pay for longer highlights, more indepth stuff etc.

Or I could be talking utter bollocks.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hope you're right - reading the email it didn't appear completely clear to me. I know they're providing content free right now (until changeover is complete) but the way they have worded it could still leave it open to being a two-tiered system, i.e. free highlights, but then pay for longer highlights, more indepth stuff etc.

Exactly how I read it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I hope you're right - reading the email it didn't appear completely clear to me. I know they're providing content free right now (until changeover is complete) but the way they have worded it could still leave it open to being a two-tiered system, i.e. free highlights, but then pay for longer highlights, more indepth stuff etc.

Came across to me like that as well.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I signed up years ago so still get the £5 a month option. I doubt very much they're going to say I can have same thing without having to pay for it so I think the email is a bit misleading.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
At last the club has seen sense and acted kindly regarding online content. Free next season. Whilst I agree with @Guinnessboy about the club losing touch, this is a step in the right direction and is appreciated.

Didn't the email say free video content with My Albion membership? So same as at the moment where you could get free highlights videos a few days after matches with a free account? Think they've worded it quite slyly to make it seem like it would all be free but suspect some content will be free and some will be charged, just as it is now.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Didn't the email say free video content with My Albion membership? So same as at the moment where you could get free highlights videos a few days after matches with a free account? Think they've worded it quite slyly to make it seem like it would all be free but suspect some content will be free and some will be charged, just as it is now.
That's how I read it as well. Can't see the commentary being free for a start. More details in a couple of weeks apparently. I have watched pre-season friendlies in the past but can't see that happening either.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh blast. Read it quickly in ten minutes tea break this morning. I still can't see why they can't provide stuff like that free, it's advertising the club in a good way and also other clubs apparently don't charge.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Saw something about that from the club fairly recently, tucked away in the small print. If I read it right, it's a very small subset of what you get if you take out a paid subscription. Still, something for nothing eh? :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As stated on previous threads on this subject: if they promised to stream all the u23 and u18 games I'd probably subscribe as that is the unique content I can't get anywhere else.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seems like it is going to be free?

Screenshot 2019-08-07 at 20.27.01.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh blast. Read it quickly in ten minutes tea break this morning. I still can't see why they can't provide stuff like that free, it's advertising the club in a good way and also other clubs apparently don't charge.

This is exactly how so many folk jumped into the 'vote leave' bus.

I gave you a thumbs up, but have now retracted it. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. :lolol:

:thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is exactly how so many folk jumped into the 'vote leave' bus.

I gave you a thumbs up, but have now retracted it. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. :lolol:

:thumbsup:

But that was before the advert this evening that appears to show it is free. Well until Albionfan37 came along and spoiled the party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here