Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] It’s gonna be a scorcher ...plans?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So we are all set for an absolute front porcher from today. Who’s doing what in this lovely weather? Currently a bit breezy and overcast in Shoreham by Sea but it’s warming up.

I’ll be up on the downs for a twenty miler I think and maybe a bit of body boarding (in the Sea).

You?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Currently 32 degrees here predicted 35 later. Sitting on patio having breakfast. Off to beach when I can be arsed.

Bloody soft southerners :wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got my 9 month old grandson for the morning, so me and the missus will be taking him out for a few treats. Might go to the Lagoon and have a mince along the seafront for an ice cream, maybe have a coffee somewhere. I've got a big posh hire car at the moment as my motor is in the repair shop, so she'll probably want to go out for a SPIN somewhere in that, before I hand it back next week. Then I think it'll be an early evening BBQ in the garden to round off the day, possibly with Germany v Sweden on the outside TV in the background.

Its all go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got back from holiday in Mexico so quite acclimatised, although just been for a short run and it's a bit betty swollocks. Golf tomorrow, long run Sunday morning on the Downs then a barbie I would think before a grim RTW on Monday.:tantrum:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sitting in the office til 5 today...

...then son #1 has to be at College in Loughborough by 8.30am tomorrow, so will be book-ending the day on the M25 and M1 most likely.....:annoyed:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sounds good, apart from those on trains.

I’m coming to the end of my four days off and will be back on nights as of tomorrow evening. I am dreading trying to sleep in the day. But making the most of today and tomorrow day.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What a line up this weekend, and it's our Wedding Anniversary.

Tonight is a pre-Festival fundraiser in the grounds of Arundel Castle
Tomorrow is a spot of shopping and then a late lunch somewhere between Southampton & Arundel followed by family Dinner.
Sunday is a football tournament in Chichester

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sounds good, apart from those on trains.

Rubbish, those on trains have never had it so good in hot weather with aircon in the carriages.

Back when the carriages were slam doors, the Littlehampton train from London Bridge coming home from work, sat in the sidings all day with the windows closed, so that when it arrived on the platform, it was like getting into a hot sauna fully clothed. Plus the only windows that were openable were the sliding ones between the seats, or the door windows. There was always a scramble to get the seats on the left which was the side away from the sun.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Going to the club in about an hour for some Furphys pale ale, haven't had a drop in over a week, bloody flu.

Glad you’re up and about. Enjoy the beer!
I’ve rather chunked it for myself. I work four on four off and I’ve gone at it like a sailor on shore leave on this break for some reason. My excesses over the last two days have rather ruled me out of a third night on the sauce.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rubbish, those on trains have never had it so good in hot weather with aircon in the carriages.

Back when the carriages were slam doors, the Littlehampton train from London Bridge coming home from work, sat in the sidings all day with the windows closed, so that when it arrived on the platform, it was like getting into a hot sauna fully clothed. Plus the only windows that were openable were the sliding ones between the seats, or the door windows. There was always a scramble to get the seats on the left which was the side away from the sun.

There is air con, quite right but there are also other people. Other people are not good in this weather. Also a lot of people have taken their kids out of school today apparently. “Too hot for the little dahlinks to concentrate” , did you ever! Shoreham is infested with them today. They’ll be in the trains off to legoland etc. Hell. On. Earth.
Hot weather
Amateur train goers
Kids

No thank you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here