Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by hart's shirt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn't matter.

He'll still score at least 10 goals this season.

You can almost set your watch by Glenn Murray - he's that reliable.
    With better service from a far more creative team and tactics, there are PL goals still to come from Muzza.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

11 Not allowed!
      Obviously Murray does need phased out at some stage, and cannot be our first choice striker next season, however in Murray we posses something most bottom half teams would give their left limb for...a proven premiership goalscorer. I suggest we keep him in a glass box on Potter's mantlepiece, with 'BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY' written in the front. Murray still has a lot more to give. You only have to look at the likes of Quagliarella in Italy to see how older players are still doing it at the top level.
      "I'm a threadstarter, twisted threadstarter"
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Murray would be ideal as our 75th minute "need a goal" substitute who we can lump it forward to and who will cause mischief, especially in these VAR days. But he shouldn't be a regular starter by any means.

Am I watching Brighton or Barcelona?

0 Not allowed!
      I just can’t see Potter relying on Glenn in the way Hughton did. I’ve watched the Ostersunds play reel (tragic I know) and some of Swansea’s games last season (even more tragic arguably) and he has NEVER seen the need for a goal hanger like Glenn to bale his teams out.

I agree he hasn’t ever HAD a Murray type in his teams but his signings indicate he’s going to play a strong Diamond through midfield with pace on the wings and multitasking players rather than “defend in depth and break”

Obviously it’s going to be a roller coaster to begin with but Murray doesn’t fit any model I envisage Potter using.

If we start badly or our players can’t adapt maybe...but I’ll be hugely surprised if Murray features for quite a while. He’s kept him, so can see some use...but I’m struggling with this.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      But I'm not talking about his past contributions, which are legendary.

I just don't see him having anything else to give, for the future.
      But as CJ has pointed out, you said EXACTLY the same thing a year ago, and were proved wrong, yet you still log online everyday to stick the knife in to the bloke.

The club bought in a young proven striker and the manager refused to play him, favouring a completely ineffectual lumbering unit who offered 1 moment (from really shitehouse defending) through the last half of the season.
      Murray scored seven times from the end of January onwards. How do six of those goals not count as offering anything, exactly?

Now the hope seems to be Murray will drag even more new signings down to his level.
      See that? /\ /\

That isn't just objective assessment of a player's worth. It is unnecessary, spiteful, snide. You're supposed to be a Brighton fan
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

0 Not allowed!
      Now March and Knocky...and Andone / Locadia...different kettle, different fish. Hell. Potter might even get a tune out of Ali J.
      I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill Archer, for what you done to The Seagulls.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
      I’ve watched the Ostersunds play reel (tragic I know)
      Where would someone find that? Asking for a friend.

7 Not allowed!
      Has Murray personally done something to @Stat Brother? This is genuinely getting a bit weird.

We get it - you don't think he should be our main striker this coming season. Almost everyone in the thread agrees that he will have at least a partially diminished role this year, due to his age and now near chronic lack of pace, however he still has certain attributes that can and will make him a very useful member of the squad.

Why not just leave it there?
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

4 Not allowed!
      Nothing to say about Murray but just wanted to chime in and say that photo of Knocky flanked by Bruno and Liam is awesome.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Withdean11 View Post
      Where would someone find that? Asking for a friend.
      There's a full match here of the 2017 swedish final.