Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray ........... ????

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It should be retired. We have never had a number 2 as good as Bruno and I very much doubt we will ever have better.

That's the one thing I'd take from US sport.

I appreciate we all want 1-11, but we have to accept the fact that's never going to happen.
So we might as well embrace the fact that a player can transcend their number.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Has Murray personally done something to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? This is genuinely getting a bit weird.

We get it - you don't think he should be our main striker this coming season. Almost everyone in the thread agrees that he will have at least a partially diminished role this year, due to his age and now near chronic lack of pace, however he still has certain attributes that can and will make him a very useful member of the squad.

Why not just leave it there?

The “certain attributes” include regular PL goals, often winning goals, each season.

A special attribute so many other strikers failed at - Benteke in 2 of his 3 seasons at CP, Defoe at Bmuff, Soldado, etc.

Priceless, Muzza kept us up, twice.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The “certain attributes” include regular PL goals, often winning goals, each season.

A special attribute so many other strikers failed at - Benteke in 2 of his 3 seasons at CP, Defoe at Bmuff, Soldado, etc.

Priceless, Muzza kept us up, twice.

****ing right. Glenn Murray he’s (still) all right.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Albion are likely to add to their forward options before the transfer window shuts on August 8.

Naylor needs to fill the ethernet pages before he leaves.

Wonder how much of the above quote is based on itk 'can't say' or is again just filling space.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
in all fairness, what else could he say?

I was teasing . Of course its a fairly obvious quote. But this thread is debating with a certain poster that the very idea of him getting near to the pitch next season will ensure we're doomed. I guess the head coach confirming that that's not quite what he had in mind won't make any difference but i quoted it nonetheless.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Mirror reporting today , in the rather vague way that is typical Transfer Window , that Cardiff are "weighing up" an offer for Glenn.
What that actually means - who knows. Here's Wales Online writing up the original Mirror report.
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-weighing-up-move-16570047

Can't see an reason why Glenn would want to leave. Even if we signed Messi tomorrow Glenn might still have a role to pay off the bench and I'm sure he would rather play his potentially final season in football playing at the highest level rather than in the Championship and in South Wales.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't see an reason why Glenn would want to leave. Even if we signed Messi tomorrow Glenn might still have a role to pay off the bench and I'm sure he would rather play his potentially final season in football playing at the highest level rather than in the Championship and in South Wales.

What if Potter doesn't want him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here