Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray ........... ????

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
the being offside and failing to suck the ref into blowing up for another "bought freekick"

am i getting whooshed?

But he pretty much had no choice in that. Isolated up front,he either had to try and steal a yard (or more in his case) or hold up and buy the foul.
That isn't really a fair comment on his abilities.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
But he pretty much had no choice in that. Isolated up front,he either had to try and steal a yard (or more in his case) or hold up and buy the foul.
That isn't really a fair comment on his abilities.

Fair dos, he is super calm in front of goal. I'm afraid I didn't have much hope with that chance at palace. It could only go where it did!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
the being offside and failing to suck the ref into blowing up for another "bought freekick"

am i getting whooshed?

You should be! :lolol: The point is we didn't play any fast one touch counterattacking football for Murray to be out of touch with.

Last edited:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Obviously Murray does need phased out at some stage, and cannot be our first choice striker next season, however in Murray we posses something most bottom half teams would give their left limb for...a proven premiership goalscorer. I suggest we keep him in a glass box on Potter's mantlepiece, with 'BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF EMERGENCY' written in the front. Murray still has a lot more to give. You only have to look at the likes of Quagliarella in Italy to see how older players are still doing it at the top level.

Agree completely.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fair dos, he is super calm in front of goal. I'm afraid I didn't have much hope with that chance at palace. It could only go where it did!

It will cost a fair bit to replace that single quality. It's gold dust.
How he managed 15 goals from the number of chances created is a feat in itself.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Has Murray personally done something to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? This is genuinely getting a bit weird.

We get it - you don't think he should be our main striker this coming season. Almost everyone in the thread agrees that he will have at least a partially diminished role this year, due to his age and now near chronic lack of pace, however he still has certain attributes that can and will make him a very useful member of the squad.

Why not just leave it there?

He's been a superb servant to this club, some still hang on to the fact he went to Palace, it's his job, he needs to make hay whilst the Sun shines .... how anyone can slate him is way beyond me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Locadia to take over Murray's mantle this season? Surely he has to come good at some point, especially if the service is improved to him.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Locadia to take over Murray's mantle this season? Surely he has to come good at some point, especially if the service is improved to him.

He's not the answer. Not quick enough or good enough with his head. Would rather see Andone lead the line.

I'd like 2 new strikers, with Locadia shipped out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has Murray personally done something to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION]? This is genuinely getting a bit weird.

We get it - you don't think he should be our main striker this coming season. Almost everyone in the thread agrees that he will have at least a partially diminished role this year, due to his age and now near chronic lack of pace, however he still has certain attributes that can and will make him a very useful member of the squad.

Why not just leave it there?

Cos people keep quoting me and asking me to justify myself, despite repeatedly walking away. :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Cos people keep quoting me and asking me to justify myself, despite repeatedly walking away. :lolol:

Why don't you just come clean and say he overtook you too close when on your bike round the back of Arundel way and shouted 'west sussex wanker' from his top down sports car as he went passed. At least we'd all know why then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why don't you just come clean and say he overtook you too close when on your bike round the back of Arundel way and shouted 'west sussex wanker' from his top down sports car as he went passed. At least we'd all know why then.

Stop it, I'm currently desperately trying to overlook the massive honking hypocrisy that's appeared on this thread, and you're not helping :lolol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Where would someone find that? Asking for a friend.

Sorry for late reply.

I joined their forum

Detta är en annons - Vidare till SvenskaFans.com

And posted in English if anyone could help. The club replied and got a DVD sent over for €20.

Not all games but most home and all cup.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It should be retired. We have never had a number 2 as good as Bruno and I very much doubt we will ever have better.

We won't. FACT!

Even if we do eventually get a better right back... Bruno's legend will have rightly grown to epic proportions by then.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Any particular reason why?

Club legend. Captain for a reasonable length of time. Pretty tough number for someone to fill. We won’t retire it obviously but just wouldn’t be shocked if we gave it a year or twos grace before someone else gets to wear it.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Appreciate all he has done for the club, but cannot be a regular first team member in the Premeir League at 36. He will be tbe oldest 'striker' of all the teams in the top leagues in Europe. Bit/cup game player at best this season.

No he won't.
Fabio Quagliarella (9 months older than Murray) was the top scorer in Serie A last season scoring 5 more goals than Ronaldo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here