Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Jess Glynne: Serial Sicknote

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Jess Glynne cancels all shows until mid-July after pulling out of Isle of Wight performance
The cancellation comes just days after she pulled out of the Isle of Wight Festival minutes before she was due to perform, leading to a lifetime ban.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...-2019-cancelled-reason-why-tour-a8977446.html

Something far from right going on there and being glossed over. Saw her on the Sunday of Pride Weekend in Preston Park last summer, and she was patently far from well. Looked painfully thin and frail and delivered half her set sat on a monitor, patently knackered and on the verge of tears. Only so many times they can use that vocal cords excuse thing. Whatever the story, I wish her well. She has a great,if somewhat fragile,voice :love:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Should be back for Camp Bestival. The kids will be pleased.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Jess Glynne has cancelled all of her scheduled performances until mid-July after "overdoing everything".

Come on, we’ve all been there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Jess Glynne's Greatest Hits:

1.THESE DAYS I'm a wreck.
2.HOLD MY HAND and help me off the stage.
3.RATHER BE doing coke.
4.I'LL BE THERE in rehab.
5.MY LOVE is coke.
6.NOT LETTING GO of my habit.
7.TAKE ME HOME in an ambulance.
8.THURSDAY I pulled out of the Isle of Wight Festival.
9. REAL LOVE for partying.
10.DON'T BE SO HARD ON YOURSELF - f*ck off and give me some more charlie.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Seven UK No.1 singles and two UK No.1 albums.

Keep up, gramps.

Seven #1s?! I didn't even realise she had released that many singles.

Mind you, I expect you only need to sell a small number these days to get top spot....I dont keep up with the charts any more tbh, so probably all done on download now is it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seven #1s?! I didn't even realise she had released that many singles.

Mind you, I expect you only need to sell a small number these days to get top spot....I dont keep up with the charts any more tbh, so probably all done on download now is it?

I doubt I could name 10 number one hits from the last 10 years and I love music. Maybe turning Radio One off as soon as I hear it and realise what station it is doesn’t help

Can someone help me out with a few genuinely excellent reasonably recent number ones that will stand the test of time (I’m sure there will be some)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can someone help me out with a few genuinely excellent reasonably recent number ones that will stand the test of time (I’m sure there will be some)

We Built This City (On Sausage Rolls)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not doing well here. I thought it was a female footballer.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Loves the gear, no doubt off to rehab.

Shame a female singer with a bit of edge in the mainstream is missing, everything is too perfectly polished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here