Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] El Capitan is back

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Probably our best signing of the summer, the guy is a legend and an essential part of the fabric and future of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Awesome.

and can I take the opportunity, once again, to moan at how clunky and frustrating the Argus website is. Been like this for years, why can't they sort it out ? !

The Argus seems to be part of Newsquest, a network of regional news outlets around the country. They all seem to have similar / identical websites so would wager it's one web design team doing the lot. On the cheap. Because they're all spectacularly shit.

These all look startlingly familiar:
https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/
https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/
https://www.southendstandard.co.uk/

I wonder if they have an in-house team or if they outsource that bit. A halfway competent web development team could come up with something better than what's currently on offer and, presumably, do it profitably if they went for it.

On topic - Hell yeah this is awesome news. So glad we've still got Bruno.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Give that man a mural

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent news, was never in doubt though was it?

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
There's always one (and it might as well be me) ...

Yes it IS great news, but how long can we keep on giving 'jobs for the boys'? That's Sidwell, Rosenior and now Bruno that we've found backroom jobs for. Don't get me wrong, I've cheered the appointment of all three; but are we going to find a role for Murray when he retires? And welcome Calde back? And how do we know Bruno (or indeed any of them) are going to be any good in their new roles?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
When Potter gets poached by Real Madrid in 3 years Bruno will be his natural successor.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Up there with Zamora for the biggest legend in my time for watching the Albion. Muzzas not far behind as well.

Great news to have him back, incredible that he see's little old Brighton as his home.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Yes it IS great news, but how long can we keep on giving 'jobs for the boys'? That's Sidwell, Rosenior and now Bruno that we've found backroom jobs for. Don't get me wrong, I've cheered the appointment of all three; but are we going to find a role for Murray when he retires? And welcome Calde back? And how do we know Bruno (or indeed any of them) are going to be any good in their new roles?

The club is huge, I am sure they have plenty of roles for everyone, I would suggest Rosenoir will look to move on at some point freeing up roles around the club. Essentially if the player shares the clubs values its great to have them around and to the core values and fabric of the club. Plus they wont be on Mega money doing the roles they do.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

Yeah you're right, best not to give jobs to people you know trust and respect. How do we really know they're any good?

I would much prefer they sacked all those experienced old heads people love and bring in completely untested unknown strangers. In fact lets go a step further and fire everyone at the club every year and bring in a fresh set. Only way to be sure we're not resting on our laurels.

And now I'm out of sarcasm for the day.

Much better to go for people you've not worked with before.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is great, great news. The Legend lives on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here