Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Damned - Concorde

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
Anyone go last night / going tonight?
I first saw them 43 years ago (yikes!) with The Adverts supporting.
They were just as good last night.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Playing at Glasto, so hopefully get to see them.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Saw them late last year at the Dome, outstanding, they played Curtain Call, not quite the full 17 minute version, but great to hear, they are a very decent live band nowadays.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Anyone go last night / going tonight?
I first saw them 43 years ago (yikes!) with The Adverts supporting.
They were just as good last night.

Me too . Saw them at Brighton Poly in 1977 I think. Amazing back then - only seen them a couple of times since, the last being about 2 years ago in Bexhill. A great live band.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Yep, going tonight for the umpteenth time. Never get bored of them. Lots of highlights over the years. Saw them play at the university as The Doomed after they initially split up. Sensible was on his knees , slightly spread eagled with his mouth open so people could gob in it. He was wearing a Jaws t shirt held together with safety pins.
Another occasion was a couple of years later down The Top Rank on The Machine Gun Etiquette tour. Absolute rauchous night , not withstanding the skating nuns. Few tear ups at the front with The Croydon Punx Ltd, with at least one skin wearing a Palace shirt. Sensible also wore a Palace shirt on stage. Scabies did his usual thing in those days where he would challenge any member of the audience onstage for a fight. He would also be carrying hammers in both hand just in case. Before you could say Jack Robinson, a can of beer was launched from the crowd breaking his nose. This led to a self imposed Brighton ban and they did not return until Scabies had left the band. Their first gig back in Brighton was at the Concorde2 about 2001 ish.
Met Scabies on the tube during that period on the way to a Dr and the Medics gig in Kentish Town. At the time he hated Brighton saying we were all hooligans and The Damned would never ever play there again.Apart from playing Worthing, I don't think they ever played here whilst he was in the band after 1979. I do know he has been back in a few solo projects.
So looking forward to tonight, even though it won't be anywhere as lively .

Only Vanian and Sensible left, although Paul Gray did play with them last time at the Dome. Not an original member, but near enough.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Yep, going tonight for the umpteenth time. Never get bored of them. Lots of highlights over the years. Saw them play at the university as The Doomed after they initially split up. Sensible was on his knees , slightly spread eagled with his mouth open so people could gob in it. He was wearing a Jaws t shirt held together with safety pins.
Another occasion was a couple of years later down The Top Rank on The Machine Gun Etiquette tour. Absolute rauchous night , not withstanding the skating nuns. Few tear ups at the front with The Croydon Punx Ltd, with at least one skin wearing a Palace shirt. Sensible also wore a Palace shirt on stage. Scabies did his usual thing in those days where he would challenge any member of the audience onstage for a fight. He would also be carrying hammers in both hand just in case. Before you could say Jack Robinson, a can of beer was launched from the crowd breaking his nose. This led to a self imposed Brighton ban and they did not return until Scabies had left the band. Their first gig back in Brighton was at the Concorde2 about 2001 ish.
Met Scabies on the tube during that period on the way to a Dr and the Medics gig in Kentish Town. At the time he hated Brighton saying we were all hooligans and The Damned would never ever play there again.Apart from playing Worthing, I don't think they ever played here whilst he was in the band after 1979. I do know he has been back in a few solo projects.

Only Vanian and Sensible left, although Paul Gray did play with them last time at the Dome. Not an original member, but near enough.

Did they not play Brighton on the Phantasmagoria Tour in ‘85/86?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Saw them play at the university as The Doomed after they initially split up. Sensible was on his knees , slightly spread eagled with his mouth open so people could gob in it...Scabies did his usual thing in those days where he would challenge any member of the audience onstage for a fight. He would also be carrying hammers in both hand just in case.

:eek:

Never got that sort of carry on with Spandau Ballet.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011

Lemmy played a few shows with them under the moniker 'The Doomed' - was that one of the shows?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Never liked the Damned. Grimly Fiendish? Eloise? No ta.

Used to have a pint with Captain Sensibles dad at the Park View when it was a pub not a hipster lounge. He was alright.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sorry I didn't see a reply to that posters question.

I hope CS doesn't sing Happy Talk anymore , it's shite :)

CS and chums decided to do that song when pissed and broke at the pub. They’d blow a lot of money somehow and decided to head there and then , pissed as newts to the recording studio and do a silly novelty song that would sell and make them some lolly. Which it did.
Very faintly in the background you can hear one of then shouting
“We’re such lucky cuuuuuuuuuuuunts”

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Already answered 6 hours ago! I bet CS never sings 'Happy Talk' any more.

He didn't, but he did sing 'Jet Boy, Jet Girl' introducing it as 'the filithiest song ever ' or something like that...

I never knew it was released before 'ca plane pour moi' till looking it up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here