Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Here they come, get ready for the roar!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How can anybody not find this absolutely gripping. Tennis at it’s best with some quality histrionics thrown in too. I haven’t seen Nadal rattled and missing so many shots for ages. He celebrated that set win as if he had won the game, most unRafa

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
So just like supporting Spurs, Krygios never wins anything even any class. A disgrace :lolol:

Well done Rafa. Job done on wasted talent. :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So just like supporting Spurs, Krygios never wins anything even any class. A disgrace :lolol:

Well done Rafa. Job done on wasted talent. :clap2:

Krygios is absolutely right, Rafa gets away with the time laws all the time, one rule for him one for the others, he plays the time game to his advantage why shouldn't his opponents play mind games against him

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Konta through to the 2nd week. Faces Kvitova next, who is beatable. Dart understandably lost to Barty. Murray out of the men's doubles, but playing mixed with Serena later this evening. Dan Evans was doing well until the BBC put his match on live, whereupon he immediately loses his serve! Is still a set up though.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Johanna Konta beats Petra Kvitova 4-6 6-2 6-4 & plays Barbora Strycova in the quarter final.

Good game and I think she must have been watching and learning from the Albion since she moved to Eastbourne. Never does it the easy way :smile:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The 15 year old yank makes the headlines on the news for losing but Konta winning against one of the best players is an afterthought.
Watching the tennis this afternoon I think I hated everyone in there, full of toffs and silly cows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here