Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Here they come, get ready for the roar!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not long now until Sue Barker will be issuing those immortal words as the nation goes tennis potty again for a fortnight with the All England Championships.

This year myself and Mrs Crodo along with our good friends Polly and Giles have been lucky enough to acquire tickets to Court 1 on Tuesday. I've heard the atmosphere is electric and unprecedented in all sport, should be an absolute hoot.

:O

Lovely stuff as always Crodo. Sadly it looks like the weather is set fair all week so we won't be seeing Sir Cliff crooning to the otherwise disappointed middle class ticket holders until at least next Monday. :down:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lovely stuff as always Crodo. Sadly it looks like the weather is set fair all week so we won't be seeing Sir Cliff crooning to the otherwise disappointed middle class ticket holders until at least next Monday. :down:

Lol, he’s done this once, no?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ahhh, Wimbles.

Hoards of podgy rosy-cheeked middle class housewives taking a break from Mumsnet to go on their annual jolly with Imogen and Cressida from the bridge club, spending the day quaffing Pimms, collapsing into hysterics if a PIGEON lands on the court, then strumming themselves senseless when Cliff takes his seat.

Summer has officially arrived.

....and roaring enthusiastically when the umpire tells someone off for having their mobile phone not on silent.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Two weeks of Eastern European upskirt action and crushing national humiliation.

images-8.jpg

The lovely, luscious Latvian lady, Jelena Ostapenko with big boobs.

She's due on at around 6pm. Hoping for a good Wimbledon for her. :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Osaka, no 2 women’s seed about to get knocked out in her first game of the tournament

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lovely to see Britain's best player already 2-0 down in the first set against some unknown.

I say "lovely", I mean of course "predictable".

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Ahhh, Wimbles.

Hoards of podgy rosy-cheeked middle class housewives taking a break from Mumsnet to go on their annual jolly with Imogen and Cressida from the bridge club, spending the day quaffing Pimms, collapsing into hysterics if a PIGEON lands on the court, then strumming themselves senseless when Cliff takes his seat.

Oh, I say!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ahhh, Wimbles.

Not sure whether you or the erudite [MENTION=5076]Bevendean Hillbilly[/MENTION] deserve this year's inaugural annual Hunter S Thompson /slash/ John Giorno award for pungent prose. Tell you what, have one each. In case you are unfamiliar with the great men's works (I am guessing not), I give you:

HST: “There are times, however, and this is one of them when even being right feels wrong. What do you say, for instance, about a generation that has been taught that rain is poison and sex is death? If making love might be fatal and if a cool spring breeze on any summer afternoon can turn a crystal blue lake into a puddle of black poison right in front of your eyes, there is not much left except TV and relentless ************. It’s a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat shit and die.”

JG "I'd swim through a mile of shit just to suck the **** of the last man who ****** her".

:lolol: :thumbsup:

ps apologies to Crodo for derailing his delightful thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here