Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Teams from around the world with unusual names

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I was reading a BBC article regarding England's Game tonight in the a Woman's World Cup and it mentioned Ada Hegerberg, who has chosen not to represent Norway despite being voted as the world's best player.
Intrested to try and find out more I Wikipedia her name with no luck finding out why she's not playing but as an aside I did discover she had played for a Norwegian team call "FL Fart" where she ripped through defences and when she left created quite a stink which got me thinking what other teams have amusing names

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I was reading a BBC article regarding England's Game tonight in the a Woman's World Cup and it mentioned Ada Hegerberg, who has chosen not to represent Norway despite being voted as the world's best player.
Intrested to try and find out more I Wikipedia her name with no luck finding out why she's not playing but as an aside I did discover she had played for a Norwegian team call "FL Fart" where she ripped through defences and when she left created quite a stink which got me thinking what other teams have amusing names

Crystal Palace. It sounds like a fantasy castle filled with little dollies and twinkly music.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I also found "Deportivo Moron" an Argentinian team where players, supporters and everyone connected to the club can claim to be morons.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Ooooh, this topic came up recently in a pub chat. Some highlights are:

Fotballaget Fart - Norway
Deportivo Wanka - Peru
Naughty Boys - Botswana
Wankie Colliery FC - Zimbabwe

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
My mate and I have a great list of top 10's, 37 of them so far. Here is our Footie names top 10.

BEST OR FUNNY FOOTBALL CLUB NAMES (REAL OR FICTIONAL) TOP 10
1. Barnestoneworth United
2. Bradford Park Avenue
3. Accrington Stanley
4. Hamilton Academicals
5. Gala Fairydean Rovers
6. Melchester Rovers
7. Grasshoppers Zurich
8. Moscow Dynamo
9. Borussia Moenchengladbach
10. Corinthian Casuals
(Scotland just missed out)

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
IK Start. Norway giving us some corkers. Their style of play has been described as “mackerel football”. :bowdown:

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
In the US we have the Pittsburgh Riverhounds. :shrug: And in the Women’s league the lovely Houston Dash. Which I did misread first time round:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here