Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Any children’s goalkeeper training in Sussex ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sorry to hijack thread. But do you know maximum minutes a player can play at under 9s in 1 day? I think it's 60 mins?

Yes it is max 60mins per child. Max half duration for a mini soccer game is max 25mins, but flexible up to that. I always preferred 20min halves because I knew then no player could play more than 3 halves across the 2 matches of a fixture.

Last edited:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Sorry to hijack thread. But do you know maximum minutes a player can play at under 9s in 1 day? I think it's 60 mins?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

The Mid Sussex and Crawley leagues usually play 4x15 minutes for league matches, with only the first two 'halves' counting for the result.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Mid Sussex and Crawley leagues usually play 4x15 minutes for league matches, with only the first two 'halves' counting for the result.

Mid Sussex is 2 distinct separate games per fixture each of equal standing. I think there was some confusion on this last season which was clarified during the season and repeated at the Mid Sussex AGM on Monday. Might be different for Crawley. And you are right the 5v5 U6/7/8 play 15mins per half generally, but normally U9/U10s at 7v7 start going to 20-25mins per half. :thumbsup:

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
Quite a few grass roots clubs now offer specific goalkeeper training. I have coached my son's teams goalkeepers for the last couple of seasons and really enjoy it, it can be a challenge across age groups and abilities if they are all in the same session but is very rewarding regardless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here