Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Greatest female vocalists?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Right, we’ve not had many music threads lately so who do you rate as vocally, the greatest female singer? Must say a lot of the artists today don’t half all sound the same and whilst the song might be a smash, the artistry amazing and so forth, they’re not on the same page as Karen Carpenter, Dusty Springfield and Dame Shirley Bassey etc when it comes to their actual voice. Some aren’t even in the same book.

Therefore, who are the truly great all time female singers in your opinion? Not necessarily the most popular, artistic etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Thoroughly unfashionable to say so, but Celine Dion has a truly phenomenal voice.

I flew over her house once. Well, twice. We came back the same way.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ann Wilson is the greatest female rock singer.

Linda Ronstadt the greatest all round (various styles)female singer,

Cyndi Lauper shits on Madonna.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Pipe down CG

If someone with her voice cracked out The Power of Love down your local, you'd be raving about it on here for weeks.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Pipe down CG

If someone with her voice cracked out The Power of Love down your local, you'd be raving about it on here for weeks.

I think you’re right, she’s gotta be up there, unfashionable choice as you say. Madonna is polar opposite, top 10 artist but bang average vocal talent

graysgull

Aug 23, 2003
I would be hard pressed to choose between Cher, Eva Cassidy, and the late and great Whitney Houston.

Each splendid in their own way

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Judith Durham of The Seekers.

Cut glass voice.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills