Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Man Squad [2019 Edition]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When is the squad list made public? I seem to remember last year that the date came and went and we were still none the wiser, as it doesn't become public when they hand it in to the league.

Not confirmed until Aug 31 when the European window SLAMS shut, then announced on 1st September (at least this was the case last year)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not confirmed until Aug 31 when the European window SLAMS shut, then announced on 1st September (at least this was the case last year)
Thanks.

So can you play players in August, and then not have them in your squad, or do all those that play (or are on the bench) have to be in the 25 man squad)?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thanks.

So can you play players in August, and then not have them in your squad, or do all those that play (or are on the bench) have to be in the 25 man squad)?

Good question......reading the handbook, looks like squad has to be confirmed at the end of the transfer window - players can be removed, but not played if they're not on it ?

A Player shall not play for a Club in a League Match unless that Club holds his
registration (which shall include, in the circumstances set out in Rules U.3 and U.12,
confirmation that he is eligible to play for it) with effect from at least 75 minutes
before kick-off and for League Matches to be played between the close of the
Summer Transfer Window and the end of the Season either:
U.1.1. his name is included on the Squad List; or
U.1.2. he is an Under 21 Player

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck to Kayal and Hemed.

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. Schelotto
U21. Yapi
8. Balogun
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Burn ( HGP )
U21. Sanders
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Bissouma
15. Pröpper
16. Mooy ( HGP )
17. Groß
U21. Alzate
U21. Richards
18. Jahanbakhsh
19. March ( HGP )
20. Trossard
21. Izquierdo
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. Maupay
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Ahannach

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. Schelotto
U21. Yapi
8. Balogun
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Burn ( HGP )
U21. Sanders
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Bissouma
15. Pröpper
16. Mooy
17. Groß
U21. Alzate
U21. Richards
18. Jahanbakhsh
19. March ( HGP )
20. Trossard
21. Izquierdo
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. Maupay
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Ahannach

Aaron Mooy is an HGP.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. Schelotto
U21. Yapi
8. Balogun
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
11. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Burn ( HGP )
U21. Sanders
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Bissouma
15. Pröpper
16. Mooy ( HGP )
17. Groß
U21. Alzate
U21. Richards
18. Jahanbakhsh
19. March ( HGP )
20. Trossard
21. Izquierdo
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. Maupay
U21. Connolly
26. Ahannach

Looks good, and pretty well balanced. I worry about RB but hopefully GP knows what he’s doing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks good, and pretty well balanced. I worry about RB but hopefully GP knows what he’s doing.

I think we’re fine at RB & RWB if Montoya & Schelotto step up. We have plenty of options (ironically more than at LB & LWB) and Potter is known for playing players in new positions.

RB
Montoya
Bernardo
Balogun
Webster
Yapi
Schelotto
Sanders

RWB
Schelotto
Montoya
Bernardo
March
Yapi
Sanders

On another subject, will Balogun, Hemed or Ahannach disappear abroad now or stay in the squad?

Do we also still need Sanders, Richards, Alzate & Băluță in and around the squad or could they get foreign loans?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we’re fine at RB & RWB if Montoya & Schelotto step up. We have plenty of options (ironically more than at LB & LWB) and Potter is known for playing players in new positions.

RB
Montoya
Bernardo
Balogun
Webster
Yapi
Schelotto
Sanders

RWB
Schelotto
Montoya
Bernardo
March
Yapi
Sanders

On another subject, will Balogun, Hemed or Ahannach disappear abroad now or stay in the squad?

I think ( pure guess ) that Balogun will be off. Pretty much zero chance of playing, and lots of 'advice' given to him in the media that he needs to move on - including from his international team manager.

He may wait until January, though. Even if he goes before the end of the month, we are still well covered for 5th choice CB by Băluţă.

Hemed - may still be announced at Charlton today ?

Ahannach - the weirdest situation ever. Too old for U23, nowhere near the 25 man squad. A loan to Union SG on the cards ?

Do we also still need Sanders, Richards, Alzate & Băluță in and around the squad or could they get foreign loans?

I got the impression from the fans forum that they will all stick around as part of Potter's squad - at least until January.

Last edited:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
1 Mathew Ryan
3 Gaetan Bong
4 Shane Duffy
5 Lewis Dunk
6 Dale Stephens
7 Neal Maupay
8 Yves Bissouma
9 Jurgen Locadia
10 Florin Andone
11 Leandro Trossard
13 Pascal Gross
14 Leon Balogun
15 Adam Webster
16 Alireza Jahanbakhsh
17 Glenn Murray
18 Aaron Mooy
19 Jose Izquierdo
20 Solomon March
21 Ezequiel Schelotto
22 Martin Montoya
23 Jason Steele
24 Davy Propper
25 Tomer Hemed
27 David Button
28 Tudor Baluta
30 Bernardo
33 Dan Burn

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The number 2 shirt has been retired!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So no squad number for Alzate, Ahannach, Connolly, Sanders or Richards. I guess all going out on loan to either league 1 or Europe in the next few weeks, can't imagine all are staying for the under 23s.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
So no squad number for Alzate, Ahannach, Connolly, Sanders or Richards. I guess all going out on loan to either league 1 or Europe in the next few weeks, can't imagine all are staying for the under 23s.
Under age players do not have to be in the 25 in order to play. Will be given numbers as they make the grade.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'd imagine that Hemed would be the one to miss out on a place in the PL 25. Interesting that Baluta is the only one of the U23s to be announced as part of the first team squad. Must mean he's closest to making the PL match day 18.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here