Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Man Squad [2019 Edition]

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'm not sure that writing Schelotto off before hehas had a chance to train with the first team is a financial decision that the club will make. We may see an extra RB or RWB arrive but I think a new striker is more likely

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not sure that writing Schelotto off before hehas had a chance to train with the first team is a financial decision that the club will make. We may see an extra RB or RWB arrive but I think a new striker is more likely

Errr, it's not as if he's a new player for us...did you see his Pal@rse performance?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Webster for Clarke

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. Schelotto or New Signing
8. Balogun or New Signing
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
12. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Burn ( HGP )
U21. Sanders
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper
17. New Signing ( Midfield )
18. Groß
U21. Alzate
U21. Richards
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. March ( HGP )
21. Trossard
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. New Signing ( Striker)
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Izquierdo ( injured )
27. Hemed
28. Ahannach

Last edited:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper

Is there any evidence we're in for a new CM? With the four first team players mentioned, plus Baluta, Sanders and Alzate who can play there, we certainly have depth for a position we'll probably only start two players if we keep with the 3-4-3.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is there any evidence we're in for a new CM?
Sadly, there doesn't appear to be. Our weakest link at the moment too.

With the four first team players mentioned, plus Baluta, Sanders and Alzate who can play there, we certainly have depth for a position we'll probably only start two players if we keep with the 3-4-3.
I have high hopes for these youngsters, and hope to see them getting some game time this season - but it would be asking an awful lot to expect them to come in and dominate midfield in the way we need to have someone who can dominate it. Perhaps the powers that be that are running the club are taking the risk that we've got just enough to see us through until South American Jock gets a work permit for next season?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Webster for Clarke

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP )
4. Bernardo
5. Bong
6. Montoya
7. Schelotto or New Signing
8. Balogun or New Signing
9. Webster ( HGP )
10. Dunk ( HGP )
12. Duffy ( HGP )
12. Burn ( HGP )
U21. Sanders
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper
18. Groß
U21. Alzate
U21. Richards
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. March ( HGP )
21. Trossard
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. New Signing ( Striker)
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Izquierdo ( injured )
27. Hemed
28. Ahannach

Thank you BV... much appreciated... ST & RB/RWB minimum as per the start of the window...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Sadly, there doesn't appear to be. Our weakest link at the moment too.

I have high hopes for these youngsters, and hope to see them getting some game time this season - but it would be asking an awful lot to expect them to come in and dominate midfield in the way we need to have someone who can dominate it. Perhaps the powers that be that are running the club are taking the risk that we've got just enough to see us through until South American Jock gets a work permit for next season?

Hmmm... ST and RWB/RB are the demonstrable priorities, as I keep telling you...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, but not in that order.

And after CM.

I’m not gonna quibble over RB versus ST priorities, but... CM is a lower priority IMHO... 4 reasonable players for 2 positions plus good U23’s says CM is number 3 priority.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Schelotto was at the game last night.......in jeans and with his other half of course.....

Now you are just winding me up! [emoji6] He is just not good enough defensively IMHO...

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Desperately need both imo.
Schelotto's not the answer to either.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Desperately need both imo.
Schelotto's not the answer to either.

[emoji54] I agree [emoji4]

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
I, for one, really like Schelotto. He may not be the answer at RWB at all, but I think he showed just enough in our debut PL season to warrant a chance to prove himself under a new manager and a new system.

If it doesn't work out, no problem, and no doubt he'll go off to Argentina or Italy with our best wishes.

He looked like a RW moved to RB without learning how to defend properly yet. Hopefully the RWB role suits him more.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I, for one, really like Schelotto. He may not be the answer at RWB at all, but I think he showed just enough in our debut PL season to warrant a chance to prove himself under a new manager and a new system.

If it doesn't work out, no problem, and no doubt he'll go off to Argentina or Italy with our best wishes.

He looked like a RW moved to RB without learning how to defend properly yet. Hopefully the RWB role suits him more.

I like him. Terrible defender so it's a no. Great striding forward though. I remember Duffy having a go at him on the pitch

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have no pace in CM. Outclassed in that department all last season.

Shirley a priority.

Ok, but set that thought off against...

RB/RWB - we have 1, count them, 1 of these... and don’t mention Schelotto, as he just cannot defend at Prem level.

ST - Muzza is magnificent but ageing. Andone is a red card waiting to happen and has fairly consistent injury problems. Big J is looking better in preseason but I believe it is fair to say the jury is still out. Hemed didn’t exactly set the world alight in the Championship. Then you have the U23’s, some of which are on loan. It is far too risky to rely on Muzza yet again, and the alternatives we have are, at best, a gamble too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ok, but set that thought off against...

RB/RWB - we have 1, count them, 1 of these... and don’t mention Schelotto, as he just cannot defend at Prem level.

ST - Muzza is magnificent but ageing. Andone is a red card waiting to happen and has fairly consistent injury problems. Big J is looking better in preseason but I believe it is fair to say the jury is still out. Hemed didn’t exactly set the world alight in the Championship. Then you have the U23’s, some of which are on loan. It is far too risky to rely on Muzza yet again, and the alternatives we have are, at best, a gamble too.

I agree with all that, BUT:

1. With a critical few days still left and the club aren’t short of a PL bob or two, I’m hoping that we sign an ACM and a striker.

2. Montoya and Schelotto can’t defend, we witnessed that. But with the insurance of a back 3 behind a RWB, perhaps that will sort that weakness out? For now.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I agree with all that, BUT:

1. With a critical few days still left and the club aren’t short of a PL bob or two, I’m hoping that we sign an ACM and a striker.

2. Montoya and Schelotto can’t defend, we witnessed that. But with the insurance of a back 3 behind a RWB, perhaps that will sort that weakness out? For now.

Interesting. You see I quite like Monty as a player, and believe he CAN defend. Schelotto, on the other hand, cannot, IMHO...

I say we need 2 for every position, so this is why I would like us to sign a RB/RWB at least as good as Monty.

I also have high hopes for Biss’s ongoing development, and maybe even Alzate behind him, which is why I put a relatively low priority on ACM.

As for ST, surely that is an absolute MUST acquisition. Our pursuit of 2 very different strikers says the club agrees.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting. You see I quite like Monty as a player, and believe he CAN defend. Schelotto, on the other hand, cannot, IMHO...

I say we need 2 for every position, so this is why I would like us to sign a RB/RWB at least as good as Monty.

I also have high hopes for Biss’s ongoing development, and maybe even Alzate behind him, which is why I put a relatively low priority on ACM.

As for ST, surely that is an absolute MUST acquisition. Our pursuit of 2 very different strikers says the club agrees.

I know Montoya ticks all the boxes; ex-Barca, Spanish, looks composed with the ball, technical. I wanted him to succeed.

But to see him torn apart and outpaced at the Amex by a succession of left wingers playing for bottom half teams, was simply not good enough. Often caught upfield in a naive move. His number one job was to defend FFS.

Unless we buy a RB this coming week, he may succeed as a RWB.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here