Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

25 Man Squad [2019 Edition]

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Do you REALLY think there is a chance that both Murray AND Hemed will be named in the 25-man squad? Really?

I honestly don't think there is the slightest chance Hemed will play for us this season. Given the timing (the retained list had to be submitted by the third Saturday in May) I doubt Potter had any involvement in the decision to take up Hemed's option. And the complete lack of an acknowledgement from either the club or the player that the contract has been extended tells you everything you need to know.

But if there are a queue of clubs interested in signing Hemed why didn't they sign him at the end of the season for nothing - he was a free agent for a few weeks until the 1 year deal was offered?

Now he's on a 1 year deal obviously a fee would be involved, so what would you do if you were a Championship club who were desperate on signing him? - Wait until the end of last season and get him for FREE or delay any decision and now have to cough up a transfer fee?

The whole situation just seems very odd to me. If he does'nt make the 25 he's of no use to us (and why would someone pay a fee when he was available 6 weeks ago for free?), or loan him out for another season, when he will again be available to sign for someone else for nothing come January?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
But if there are a queue of clubs interested in signing Hemed why didn't they sign him at the end of the season for nothing - he was a free agent for a few weeks until the 1 year deal was offered?

Now he's on a 1 year deal obviously a fee would be involved, so what would you do if you were a Championship club who were desperate on signing him? - Wait until the end of last season and get him for FREE or delay any decision and now have to cough up a transfer fee?

The whole situation just seems very odd to me. If he does'nt make the 25 he's of no use to us (and why would someone pay a fee when he was available 6 weeks ago for free?), or loan him out for another season, when he will again be available to sign for someone else for nothing come January?

He was never a free agent as the club extended his deal (ie one rollls into next) The club simply protecting their asset as previously mentioned. (bit like Norwood I appreciate was not out of contract last year) but came back from loan, did pre season then we sold him to sheff utd.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

You've got it a bit wrong - we took up an option on another year on the existing contract. Tomer wasn't a free agent at all.

I reckon we will get at least £5 million for him from a Championship club, probably more.

Or he may be used as part of a deal for another player - maybe Bogle from Derby.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I don't think you understand what a club option is on an existing contract.

Brighton didn't "offer" him a 1-year deal; they had the right (but not the obligation) to extend his contract by a further year, which they have done. Hemed had no say in the matter at this stage (although he obviously agreed and signed the contract which included this option back in November 2017).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
PS: The players are back at Lancing today. Don't assume that for some of the fringe players (previous loanees) that their appearances in next week or so training and even in Austria and some pre-season games means Albion are going to include them in the 25 man squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
PS: The players are back at Lancing today. Don't assume that for some of the fringe players (previous loanees) that their appearances in next week or so training and even in Austria and some pre-season games means Albion are going to include them in the 25 man squad.

Asking a bit much there CJ...

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
You've got it a bit wrong - we took up an option on another year on the existing contract. Tomer wasn't a free agent at all.

I reckon we will get at least £5 million for him from a Championship club, probably more.

Or he may be used as part of a deal for another player - maybe Bogle from Derby.

That's what I told he had an option on his contract that the Albion choose to exercise I was wondering if it was to allow GP to assess his entire squad or as you say to recoup some money's having said that I still think he could offer something to our team this coming season strikers are so expensive and he has provided previously that he can score at this level

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
That's what I told he had an option on his contract that the Albion choose to exercise I was wondering if it was to allow GP to assess his entire squad or as you say to recoup some money's having said that I still think he could offer something to our team this coming season strikers are so expensive and he has provided previously that he can score at this level

for a team that could hardly score a goal, it would be fair to say we need considerable striker improvements and not the recall of a player who will not demonstrate much difference to the existing setup.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
for a team that could hardly score a goal, it would be fair to say we need considerable striker improvements and not the recall of a player who will not demonstrate much difference to the existing setup.

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

You may well be correct any signings will in the fullness of time show out however Hemed has as far as I am concerned (bar the stamping sending off) never let the team down and has scored at this level he may not be the fastest but he's not the slowest of our current squad, as a target man link player with Andone with what hopefully will be far quicker delivery put that against the cost of strikers might mean we have to go with what we already have available

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Ahannach pictured with the U23s return to training day despite being over age for them now (not that we can't play over-age players). Not exactly a surprise but I think we can rule him out of the 25 man squad - probably see him move on this summer.

Mlakar was with the first team group, it'll be interesting to see if he goes to Austria with them. Didn't see any pics of Hemed training on Thursday so perhaps he'll act as 4th striker until we bring someone else in.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Ahannach pictured with the U23s return to training day despite being over age for them now (not that we can't play over-age players). Not exactly a surprise but I think we can rule him out of the 25 man squad - probably see him move on this summer.

Mlakar was with the first team group, it'll be interesting to see if he goes to Austria with them. Didn't see any pics of Hemed training on Thursday so perhaps he'll act as 4th striker until we bring someone else in.

Pretty sure he was there. There was a photo of Murray and Dunk running and think it was Hemed in the background between them..

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Pretty sure he was there. There was a photo of Murray and Dunk running and think it was Hemed in the background between them..

Fair, missed that. Not unusual at this time of year to see U23s with the first team squad, noted Ben White with them too, but interested to see Mlakar play and see if he's someone who might be on the fringes of the first team squad.

Fair, missed that. Not unusual at this time of year to see U23s with the first team squad, noted Ben White with them too, but interested to see Mlakar play and see if he's someone who might be on the fringes of the first team squad.

With all the publicity around Macallister and Baluta I think Mlakar has been overlooked regarding his potential. It will be interesting to see what the club decide about him this season.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You may well be correct any signings will in the fullness of time show out however Hemed has as far as I am concerned (bar the stamping sending off) never let the team down and has scored at this level he may not be the fastest but he's not the slowest of our current squad, as a target man link player with Andone with what hopefully will be far quicker delivery put that against the cost of strikers might mean we have to go with what we already have available

We would be bat-sh1t mental to go with what we’ve got in the striker department. A brilliant but ageing centre-forward. A constantly injured and red-card-waiting-to-happen sporadically-delivering nutter. A Dutch player / musical ‘genius’ who is still begging the question ‘which is he better at?’. And a player who was not good enough for QPR in the Championship. Oh, and a very promising U23, but would you want to bet Prem survival on him and the rest? Tony is not that stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With the sad news Knocky may be off

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP ) or Walton ( HGP ) or Sanchez ( HGP )
4. Schelotto or New Signing ( Right Back )
5. Montoya
6. Bernardo
7. Bong
8. Balogun or New Signing
9. Dunk ( HGP )
10. Duffy ( HGP )
11. Burn ( HGP )
12. Clarke ( HGP )
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper
17. Groß
18. Knockaert or New Signing ( ACM )
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. March ( HGP )
21. Trossard
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. New Signing ( Striker)
U21. Mlakar
U21. Gyokeres
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Tau ( work permit needed )
27. Izquierdo ( injured )
28. Hemed
29. Suttner
30. Ahannach

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
With the sad news Knocky may be off

1. Ryan
2. Button ( HGP )
3. Steele ( HGP ) or Walton ( HGP ) or Sanchez ( HGP )
4. Schelotto or New Signing ( Right Back )
5. Montoya
6. Bernardo
7. Bong
8. Balogun or New Signing
9. Dunk ( HGP )
10. Duffy ( HGP )
11. Burn ( HGP )
12. Clarke ( HGP )
U21. Băluţă
13. Stephens ( HGP )
14. Kayal
15. Bissouma
16. Pröpper
17. Groß
18. Knockaert or New Signing ( ACM )
19. Jahanbakhsh
20. March ( HGP )
21. Trossard
22. Locadia
23. Murray ( HGP )
24. Andone
25. New Signing ( Striker)
U21. Mlakar
U21. Gyokeres
U21. Connolly
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
26. Tau ( work permit needed )
27. Izquierdo ( injured )
28. Hemed
29. Suttner
30. Ahannach

Or with the news that Knocky may be off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here