Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potterball

Pevensey

Jan 29, 2019
So i'm hearing this phrase being banded about lately i for one endorse this! cannot wait for Potterball!

The concept of 'Potterball – is essentially a fast-paced, possession-based style of attacking football often likened to a vertical tiki-taka . Much like the style of play made famous by Pep Guardiola during his reign at Barcelona, Potterball features short and quick passes designed to move play as far up the pitch as quickly as possible.

Say it loud say it proud! POTTERBALL IS COMING TO TOWN !!!

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
My favourite Potterball is the Quaffle. Sure, it might not be as flair or exciting as the Snitch, but it's reliable and still has an important role to play. The less said for Bludgers though, the better.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
This is a pot:
700_1ikea-terracotta-plant-pot.png

This is a ball:
Rebel_55059301_yellowpurple_hi-res.jpg

What do I win?

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Another huge vote for Quaffle.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Ever since i was a young boy,
i've watched the Albion ball.
>from the Goldstone up to London
i must've have watched them all.
but i ain't seen nothing like him
in any amusement hall...
that unknown and decided
sure plays a mean Potterball...........:rock:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So i'm hearing this phrase being banded about lately i for one endorse this! cannot wait for Potterball!

The concept of 'Potterball – is essentially a fast-paced, possession-based style of attacking football often likened to a vertical tiki-taka . Much like the style of play made famous by Pep Guardiola during his reign at Barcelona, Potterball features short and quick passes designed to move play as far up the pitch as quickly as possible.

Say it loud say it proud! POTTERBALL IS COMING TO TOWN !!!

Are you palarse :moo:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• Ronnie-O-Sullivan-English-Open-snooker-1556348.jpg
    Ronnie-O-Sullivan-English-Open-snooker-1556348.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 732

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Potterball
/ˈpɒtəbɔːl/

noun
With reference to football philosophy, the prioritisation of possession over results. See Poyetball.
To frequently and fundamentally change the shape and formation of the team both from game to game and during games, much to the frustration of elderly keyboard warriors on NSC.
To frequently use unconventional player positions such as sweeper, wingback, inside forward and false 10, much to the annoyance of elderly keyboard warriors on NSC.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Potterball
/ˈpɒtəbɔːl/

noun
With reference to football philosophy, the prioritisation of possession over results. See Poyetball.
To frequently and fundamentally change the shape and formation of the team both from game to game and during games, much to the frustration of elderly keyboard warriors on NSC.
To frequently use unconventional player positions such as sweeper, wingback, inside forward and false 10, much to the annoyance of elderly keyboard warriors on NSC.

And the bloke sitting behind me whose main insight into the game is repeatedly screaming ‘GET IT FORWARD!’

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Meanwhile, back in the sickroom....

potter2.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With acknowledgement to [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION], of course, there was this and if our Pottytime turns out to be as shit as this we are doomed, DOOMED I tell thee! Potter OUT!!!

pottytime12.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d hazard a guess that pretty much every football fan, whatever team they support, has a fan screaming that within earshot of their seat. :D

The one I liked at Withdean was:

'Hoof it!!!! . . . . . . . . . . . quality hoof'. You were allowed to smoke charoots at the game, them too. Good evening, Mr 'Quality Hoof' wherever you are.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports