Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Victory for the anti-fascists

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

I don't see this as a victory, we either pay for it with fewer Police or through our taxes, can't see that anyone's the winner. It's like at football when away supporters demand to be let out and yet the Police are normally either protecting them or trying to preserve public order. No they shouldn't be detained but I do often feel it's damned if they do and damned if they don't.

BTW Tommy Robinson is a fascist pig who I wouldn't p1ss on if he was on fire and I fully support their cause but worry about where all the money comes from for these claims, enquiries, reviews etc etc

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
People who consider themselves as a part of this Antifa set of groups and these alt right bellends like the EDL and Tommy Robinson are just two sides of the same coin, both like to utilise violence and extreme methods to push bigoted views. Hopefully the majority of normal people can stay a little more central.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't see this as a victory, we either pay for it with fewer Police or through our taxes, can't see that anyone's the winner. It's like at football when away supporters demand to be let out and yet the Police are normally either protecting them or trying to preserve public order. No they shouldn't be detained but I do often feel it's damned if they do and damned if they don't.

BTW Tommy Robinson is a fascist pig who I wouldn't p1ss on if he was on fire and I fully support their cause but worry about where all the money comes from for these claims, enquiries, reviews etc etc

Maybe they need to act properly within the laws they are meant to uphold, and be careful with what money they do have.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
People who consider themselves as a part of this Antifa set of groups and these alt right bellends like the EDL and Tommy Robinson are just two sides of the same coin, both like to utilise violence and extreme methods to push bigoted views. Hopefully the majority of normal people can stay a little more central.

Is being anti fascist a bigoted view.? At some point we all become intolerant of other peoples opinions, I think it reasonable to be intolerant of Fascist and racist views.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe they need to act properly within the laws they are meant to uphold, and be careful with what money they do have.

I agree. I’m not sure how the police thought they were ever going to justify ignoring one of our most sacred human rights.
The Met police force is allegedly deeply, institutionally racist so I can just imagine the sort of treatment people protesting EDL were subject to.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Is being anti fascist a bigoted view.? At some point we all become intolerant of other peoples opinions, I think it reasonable to be intolerant of Fascist and racist views.

big·ot (bĭg′ət)
n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

When it turns violent and can end up hurting innocents then it's a problem.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
big·ot (bĭg′ət)
n.
One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ
When it turns violent and can end up hurting innocents then it's a problem.

Unfortunately for the Met, this doesn’t justify holding 153 people in unlawful custody for 14 hours.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Agree with all this. People seem to automatically support, or jump to the defence these "anti fascist" groups because everyone is anti fascist right?

They're exactly the same as the other lot with a sizable element who just want to go out for a tear up, but it's alright to overlook criminal behaviour because their label is"anti fascist".

*edit* But that doesn't make them wrong in this situation, I think a lot of us have been on the wrong end of some dodgy tactics by the Met, they need to be held to account.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Take away the left/right political stance on this story and replace it with team A and team B it just sounds like every high profile game in the country.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, all very well, but as we all know, the word fascist to describe political opponents is banded about far too easily by the far left, and can really only be described as bigoted.

SAC

May 21, 2014

There may be some who like a ruck and go along for the possibility of one but I imagine that the majority of people attending an anti fascist rally are just there to protest against the rise of the far right. The alternative is to keep quiet and hope they go away.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Agree with all this. People seem to automatically support, or jump to the defence these "anti fascist" groups because everyone is anti fascist right?

They're exactly the same as the other lot with a sizable element who just want to go out for a tear up, but it's alright to overlook criminal behaviour because their label is"anti fascist".

*edit* But that doesn't make them wrong in this situation, I think a lot of us have been on the wrong end of some dodgy tactics by the Met, they need to be held to account.

a quick throw-away line without any real evidence. How on earth can you possibly be in a position to make such an allegation?

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, all very well, but as we all know, the word fascist to describe political opponents is banded about far too easily by the far left, and can really only be described as bigoted.

They were protesting the EDL who are a fascist/racist organisation.
And how do you know all those detained were part of the so called Antifa mob?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
They were protesting the EDL who are a fascist/racist organisation.
And how do you know all those detained were part of the so called Antifa mob?

Yes, I know what they were doing as I looked at the article.-can't quite see why you mentioned that. But I don't know, but by mentioning them you clearly show that you think that this mob is bigoted. Yes, EDL is what you say, I am sure, but the point I was making is that to label your political opponent as fascists is done far too easily to make the far left look that shade more reasonable, even in this case there is probably more justification.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Yes, I know what they were doing as I looked at the article.-can't quite see why you mentioned that. But I don't know, but by mentioning them you clearly show that you think that this mob is bigoted. Yes, EDL is what you say, I am sure, but the point I was making is that to label your political opponent as fascists is done far too easily to make the far left look that shade more reasonable, even in this case there is probably more justification.

I think the argument that the left brands people "fascist" too easily, is an accusation dished out too easily by those with something to hide, who don't like being confronted by the fact they hold questionable views or carry out questionable actions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here