Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Simon mignolet

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I vaguely recall him doing a Goalkeeping impersonation a few years back.
He's crap and we have four keepers already. File under 'bullshit'

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not sure I agree about the likelihood. We're probably one of the only premier league clubs not to have a genuine competitor for goalkeeping spot. Button and Steele were surely only ever cover. We've got some promising keepers coming through, but they are at least a year or two from being premier league first choice keepers. Proper competition for Ryan's place would hopefully mean we get back to seeing his first season's form, rather than his second.

I vaguely recall him doing a Goalkeeping impersonation a few years back.
He's crap and we have four keepers already. File under 'bullshit'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure we need another midget keeper

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
File this one away in the "highly unlikely" drawer, I reckon.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's not better than Ryan, so why would he want to leave the bench a Liverpool to sit on the bench at Brighton? Not happening.

I can't imagine him ever agreeing to sign for the Albion, unless he was pretty much guaranteed a starfting spot. Being on the bench at Liverpool must be a more attractive proposition.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
No improvement on what we have, so would be wasted money. Non story.

Happy with Ryan. He dipped a bit toward the end of the season, but he's a class keeper.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not sure I agree about the likelihood. We're probably one of the only premier league clubs not to have a genuine competitor for goalkeeping spot. Button and Steele were surely only ever cover. We've got some promising keepers coming through, but they are at least a year or two from being premier league first choice keepers. Proper competition for Ryan's place would hopefully mean we get back to seeing his first season's form, rather than his second.

This - Ryan needs genuine competition irrespective of the veracity of this rumour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here