Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Best Beatles Covers

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not sure if this is technically a Beatles copy of a Stones single that was written by Lennon and McCartney.

I believe you’re right in that the Beatles wrote it specifically for the Stones.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I believe you’re right in that the Beatles wrote it specifically for the Stones.

Yes, from stuff I had read they had a bit of it worked out and happened to meet up with the Stones, who were needing a strong follow up single, in a pub and finished it off in front of their very eyes. Ended up as a Ringo track on With The Beatles.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I was 6 when The Beatles really took off and so for me they remain an outstanding foundation of ‘pop music’. I loved the allegedly simpler songs of the early years but then appreciated the more complex songs of the second half of their career too. It is a testament to their combination of brilliant songwriting, close harmonies and melody that their songs remain popular 50-60 years on - imo anyway!

Meanwhile on the OP’s actual thread topic I generally prefer covers which treat the song differently so I too enjoyed the Amy Winehouse version of All My Loving that @PostmanPat suggested. I do also really like Stevie’s We Can Work It Out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Very much worth the wait for Prince at the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

I came to this thread with this in mind. I probably watch it once a month. A few things which I love:
- Dhani Harrison's face of utter joy whilst watching Prince do his thing
- The end where Prince launches his guitar in the air and you never see it land. In the meantime, he just disappears. Brilliant

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I came to this thread with this in mind. I probably watch it once a month. A few things which I love:
- Dhani Harrison's face of utter joy whilst watching Prince do his thing
- The end where Prince launches his guitar in the air and you never see it land. In the meantime, he just disappears. Brilliant

I've never found that solo to quite match up with the whole cosmic despair vibe of the rest of the song in the way Clapton's solo managed to.

That's not a problem in itself, and I'm not suggesting people who enjoy it are wrong, but I find it unsatisfying when the rest of the cover feels like a by the numbers museum piece.

I do enjoy Dhani looking happy though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here