Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nike

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Barber said that Nike does well with the kids because its considered to be a "cool brand".

Us old fossils just don't like the designs very much, but hey ho. Its not all about us, is it.

Middle aged men like yourself really shouldn't be wearing replicas but that's a different story :wink:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I met a guy on holiday a couple years back who reckoned he was pretty high up in Nike. I bought up their crap kit designs after quite a few drinks, as you do. He kind of laughed, then told me that Nike have no interest in ‘soccer’ kits, and only get involved to stop rival sports firms from cornering the market! I have no idea if he was just full of shit and talking bollocks or not, but it would explain the dire strips they design!

I doubt that they have no interest in shirts, worldwide they must earn them millions.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
You must’ve been gutted when you sobered up and realised how much money you’d spent on crap kits whilst on holiday.

To be fair, it was one hell of a night! He took us on a GoGo bar tour of Bangkok. Didn’t spend a penny as he footed the bills all night. The last thing I remember was saying our new best friend goodbyes at about 4 in the morning at one of those pop up street bars downtown, arranging to meet up the next day!

We never saw him again.

Great night though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Middle aged men like yourself really shouldn't be wearing replicas but that's a different story :wink:

Haven't bought or worn a replica since the first season at the Amex. I'm more of a 70s retro or polo shirt middle aged man these days.

Not that it matters though. I like seeing loads of stripes in the stands, regardless who's wearing it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I doubt that they have no interest in shirts, worldwide they must earn them millions.

Maybe. But not as much as athletics gear. Which is what really makes them money. According to this chap anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here