Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nike

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Club's contract with Nike extended for three years.

[tweet]1143806223621468166[/tweet]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bad move by the club to feature a player who is going to Leicester or Arsenal in the publicity :wink:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Very disappointing as a fan, but I presume that it financially benefits the club so that's what matters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barber said that Nike does well with the kids because its considered to be a "cool brand".

Us old fossils just don't like the designs very much, but hey ho. Its not all about us, is it.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Barber said that Nike does well with the kids because its considered to be a "cool brand".

Us old fossils just don't like the designs very much, but hey ho. Its not all about us, is it.

Yep, the kids will be happy - mine pretty much live in Nike gear, & have loved every kit released the last few years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People love to whinge. Nike have churned out a succession of perfectly decent, if uninspiring, blue and white striped shirts. The latest is actually pretty good.

Only once have they strayed from 'safe' and it was almost universally HATED (the Frankenstein one).

I've no idea what people actually (think they) want. :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

That's true but Adidas would be equally popular with the young'uns too and they seem to actually produce decent shirt designs. Oh well.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
nike.jpg

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
That's true but Adidas would be equally popular with the young'uns too and they seem to actually produce decent shirt designs. Oh well.

I would've preferred a switch to adidas but I can see the appeal of Nike for the cool kids

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

As would Kappa #SideBoobie :thumbsup:

It could be that a further 3, Premier League, (hopefully) years with Nike, will see more commitment to the club as the 'brand grows'.

What are the chances we do away with traditional stripes for the 2nd year of the deal, just so they can make a triumphant return 12 months later?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia

Perfect, can't wait for kids with all their disposable income to start buying their own tickets etc then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here