Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jamaica vs Curacao

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Looked like a good game. What do Curaçao need the result to be in the next game? ???

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Looked like a good game. What do Curaçao need the result to be in the next game? ???

They need Honduras to beat El Salvador. Unfortunately Honduras are bottom with 0 points and are out already so they've made at least 4 changes. But they aren't a bad team so we will see. ES are a Hughton-type team with four points but only one goal scored and none conceded.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
:thumbsup:

Might try and find a stream, only problem is I’m in deepest darkest Cambodia at the moment with a dodgy internet connection!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Well, if you do, you'll probably be the only one in the country watching it

Hehe. Your probably right! Although they do love their footie out here.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I must admit, I don't know who I want to win. I'd love to see plucky Curacao go through but I've got a big soft spot for El Salvador after a trip there last year.

Sounds an interesting place. I love going off the beaten track. Currently staying in a traditional stilted house in the middle of nowhere between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. Loving it. Not a piece of processed food in site and incredible people!

Juan Albion

Sounds an interesting place. I love going off the beaten track. Currently staying in a traditional stilted house in the middle of nowhere between Phnom Penh and Sihanoukville. Loving it. Not a piece of processed food in site and incredible people!

That's my kind of travel. Anywhere without those bloody tourists lol

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
They need Honduras to beat El Salvador.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that, isn't it?

A 1-0 defeat for El Salvador would indeed put Curacao through (they would have the same GD but Curacao would have scored more goals). Any other one goal defeat would see El Salvador progress.

Any defeat by two goals or more for El Salvador would put the Curacaoans through.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Well, wasn't that a bit of fun!

Now it's all down to Honduras vs El Salvador to decide who joins Jamaica in the next round. It's not as if those two countries have no history of disliking each other.

Just out of interest, do you know how these double-headers work from a ticketing perspective? Does one ticket get you two matches? Are they ticketed separately? And if so, how do they clear out the original crowd to make way for the new crowd?

Juan Albion

I think it's a bit more complicated than that, isn't it?

A 1-0 defeat for El Salvador would indeed put Curacao through (they would have the same GD but Curacao would have scored more goals). Any other one goal defeat would see El Salvador progress.

Any defeat by two goals or more for El Salvador would put the Curacaoans through.

Pretty much. I was wondering what would happen with a 2-1 loss for El Salvador. I guess the next tie-breaker would be the head-to-head result, which ES won.

Juan Albion

12.4 At the conclusion of each group in the Concacaf Gold Cup, PMAs shall be ranked according to the following criteria:

12.4.1 greatest number of points obtained in all matches;
12.4.2 Goal difference in all group matches;
12.4.3 Greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two (2) or more teams are equal on the basis of the above criteria, their rankings shall be determined as follows:
12.4.4 greater number of points obtained in matches between the tied teams;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here