Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aidy Bothryod

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Just said on the Totally Football show that the only reason Hoofroyd got the under 21 job in the first place is cos he's Dan Ashworth's best mate...

That sent a shudder down my spine! Not that I expect us to be in the market for another manage for a long while as I expect Mr Potter to be an excellent fit for us.

el punal

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8966622 said:
Just said on the Totally Football show that the only reason Hoofroyd got the under 21 job in the first place is cos he's Dan Ashworth's best mate...

That sent a shudder down my spine! Not that I expect us to be in the market for another manage for a long while as I expect Mr Potter to be an excellent fit for us.

Nearly there - try Boothroyd. :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Best mate he may be, but his record as England under age coach is decent. semi finalist in 2017 Euros and winner of 2018 Toulon Tournament. It has only gone pear shaped since Ashworth moved on.

However, I wouldn't want him as our manager.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Barber said that they have been aware of Potter for several years and they are continually scouting managers in case they need to act and bring someone in. Ashworth isn't the reason we signed Potter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best mate he may be, but his record as England under age coach is decent. semi finalist in 2017 Euros and winner of 2018 Toulon Tournament. It has only gone pear shaped since Ashworth moved on.

Is it just me, or is there something dodgy about him? Sounds like he has been on an empathy training course and knows how to listen intently, but is fuming inside? Turns into a bully after a couple of drinks? Mouth too small? Looks disturbingly like....well, I'll say no more :shrug:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Definitely not. They were woeful in this U21 Euros.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

Brother-in-law I heard

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Well, it doesn’t really matter whether we have won youth/u21 tournaments or gone out in the first round does it? The fact is that a fair few of the players who’ve played at that level are now proving themselves in the first team at quite a young age.

If I was Boothroyd and was (at some point) at an interview for a u23 job at a lower Premier League club where I had contacts, but at which had a mediocre record of getting youth players through to the first team, I’m sure I would be at pains to make that point.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

People need to prepare themselves for the fact we now have a poachable manager. If he does well then he will be in demand. Not been and issue since Sami or Gus. And yes, I said Sami. If he had worked out then bigger clubs beckoned. Young managers are in demand. Long time servants such as Chris are not as appealing to bigger clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here