Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Zakynthos

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Booked a holiday in September,found a couple of bars that tick the boxes . I have done a bit of reading up about the Island . Anyone got any tips on the place? I have been told to avoid Leganes at night ,i'm too old for that:)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Leganes was a sleepy little place last time I went.
Nice island, hire a car and go round the island, up into the hills and stop off at the little villages, pop into a taverna for lunch and just enjoy the peace and the real greek village hospitality.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Leganes was a sleepy little place last time I went.
Nice island, hire a car and go round the island, up into the hills and stop off at the little villages, pop into a taverna for lunch and just enjoy the peace and the real greek village hospitality.

Spent my honeymoon there, watched Cameron v Agentina in the hotel bar, Italia '90 - happy days

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Lagana is all tits and arse... clubs and burger shops, all owned by Serbians mostly.

Romantic eve out?.... Cave bar Kalamaki... very cool place

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Laganas is a nice place but very clubby, with lot's of students there for the night life, stayed there for a week last year, if you go there try the Blue sea restaurant right on the beach, family run and great food at a reasonable price.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Just along from leganes there's a quiet resort nice beech. Swim out with snorkel and mask and you have a good chance of swimming with a turtle. Really amazing how big they are and how fast they swim when you see them close up.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Just along from leganes there's a quiet resort nice beech. Swim out with snorkel and mask and you have a good chance of swimming with a turtle. Really amazing how big they are and how fast they swim when you see them close up.

Endangered species, they closed the beach off in parts as a few were laying their eggs, off the top of my head they are leatherback turtles or some shit, it was a long time ago.
If you go to Laganes after dark at about 3am, you can watch another species laying their eggs on the beach as the British pour out of the bars.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Endangered species, they closed the beach off in parts as a few were laying their eggs, off the top of my head they are leatherback turtles or some shit, it was a long time ago.
If you go to Laganes after dark at about 3am, you can watch another species laying their eggs on the beach as the British pour out of the bars.

Shame was amazing swimming next to one but got to be 20 years ago.

I'm sure you can watch the beginning of the circle of life on Laganes beech with a few red lardy British birds being humped by some gobby tattooed loud mouth at 3am as well. I'm sure Sir David is going to include it in blue planet uncovered.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Shame was amazing swimming next to one but got to be 20 years ago.

I'm sure you can watch the beginning of the circle of life on Laganes beech with a few red lardy British birds being humped by some gobby tattooed loud mouth at 3am as well. I'm sure Sir David is going to include it in blue planet uncovered.

Yes, you can hear the call of the wildlife.
Oh Stavros I love you.
Yes Chelsea, you are the only one for me, but can you hurry up and come as there is another plane landing from Newcastle in an hour.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
don't get roped into smugglers beach tourist trap with silly crowds
if you can do lunch or dinner at kerri lighthouse spectacular food and scenery

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Mykonos is where the action is for the 30 plus set. Think of Soho house with club music & hot weather. It's also by far the .most expensive Greek island to holiday on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I was in Kalamaki in 2007 and we went for a round of crazy golf. Bloke running the place was about 30 and coked off his tits. First thing he asked us was "You like Iron Maiden ?"
I do actually and replied in the affirmative. He then proceeded to play some of their best stuff over a very loud PA system (far louder than you need for such an establishment); between tracks he would shout "BRUCE DICKINSOOOOONNNNN", "ROCK AND ROLLLLL" and other such phrases.
It was very entertaining until, on about the 14th hole and midway through The Evil That Men Do, he announced "My dad's here".
An older feller, who had got out of a rusty Fiat, went to the booth and slapped the stoner round the head, turned the music off and simply said "Sorry about him".

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One of our favourite islands is kefalonia. We stayed at a fab adult only hotel outside Skala, if you are interested in history, the roman villa in skala is worth going to as the mosaics are special and also the Mycenaean burial chambers on the road outside the town on the road to the airport.

Btw. One of the best things about the airport is that you can check your bags in and then walk back out the doors and head up the road to one of the hotels where they let you use the bars, pool and restaurants.

Currently sat by the pool in Kefalonia, looking across the water at Zakynthos, searching NSC for transfer news. A little misty at 7am but will hit a nice 30 degrees later.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
don't get roped into smugglers beach tourist trap with silly crowds
if you can do lunch or dinner at kerri lighthouse spectacular food and scenery

Is smugglers beach the one with the wreck of the ship on it ...I thought that all fell into the sea last year!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Beware of reckless locals on mopeds! I had 2 weeks there, but can't recall much except the mopeds, and a cat that jumped from balcony to balcony. Hope that helps!

One of our favourite islands is kefalonia. We stayed at a fab adult only hotel outside Skala, if you are interested in history, the roman villa in skala is worth going to as the mosaics are special and also the Mycenaean burial chambers on the road outside the town on the road to the airport.

Btw. One of the best things about the airport is that you can check your bags in and then walk back out the doors and head up the road to one of the hotels where they let you use the bars, pool and restaurants.

The Ikarus. I’ll watch my incoming flight land and then hop it to the departures

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here