Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Inflatable pumps

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Just got a 2 man inflatable kayak. Looks good, size good but taking an eternity to inflate. I’m using a battery electric pump. Any recommendations on a good fast pump as this will take over an hour to inflate!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

boik

Just got a 2 man inflatable kayak. Looks good, size good but taking an eternity to inflate. I’m using a battery electric pump. Any recommendations on a good fast pump as this will take over an hour to inflate!

Yep, ditch the electric and go for a manual LPHV stirrup pump. Pick them for under a tenner and always quicker than an electric one. I can pump up our 3man ZPro Tango in 7 minutes without killing myself. Plus you can take it with you when you canoe out to islands etc.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I have inflatable SUP boards. For value the itiwit 12v car pump is hard to beat - but not the quickest.

I've read for quick volume use a plug in or vaytery blow up mattress pump & then finish off pressure with a electric 12v pump. Don't bother with a tyre pump as they are too low volume & will take days.

Nostalgia

Mar 22, 2012
Yep, ditch the electric and go for a manual LPHV stirrup pump. Pick them for under a tenner and always quicker than an electric one. I can pump up our 3man ZPro Tango in 7 minutes without killing myself. Plus you can take it with you when you canoe out to islands etc.

Any links for a LPHV stirrup pump,after a quick look on eBay they were all £30 plus?

boik

Any links for a LPHV stirrup pump,after a quick look on eBay they were all £30 plus?

Sorry, I was a bit lazy with my terminology. I really meant that pressure is not what you need, volume is. I'm assuming you have a low pressure Sevylor type kayak? Any double action hand pump will do the job in no time unless you have a bad back. We use an Argos one and it's been great for the last few years . Tried a couple of electric ones, and as well as being inconvenient when you're on the beach etc they are all too slow.

9152825_R_Z002A_UC1404877.jpeg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here