Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Fred Dibnah and Ladders.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I remember some dubious Facebook friend posting a picture of Fred Dibnah with a tagline along the lines of " One of the Men who Built Great Britain ! " They didn't like it when I pointed out that Fred Dibnah spent most of his life knocking things down !

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
IIRC, he got John Noakes (get down Shep) to climb a chimney with nothing but ropes and ladders. No safety harness or hard hat. :eek: Elf & Scary would have a field day with that!

D

Deleted member 22389

Old school engineering legend in my book, and bloody hell that takes some balls.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He certainly went up a few chimneys.

I didn’t know he was married 3 times.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
IIRC, he got John Noakes (get down Shep) to climb a chimney with nothing but ropes and ladders. No safety harness or hard hat. :eek: Elf & Scary would have a field day with that!

Not Fred Dibnah, but on this occasion John Noakes scaled Nelson's Column. Looks fricking scarey now, they had to shoot it twice as the sound man fecked up on the first take. :lolol:
https://youtu.be/HW3daihiY30

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
He blew up the old Shoreham Power Station

The power station was taken down by an industrial dismantlers called TW Ward. I remember this because I was a supplier of theirs and the site agent gave me a tour of the place just before they knocked it down. It was very impressive inside...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Watched a show about Fred Dibnah. He had planned the demolition of a chimney by knocking some holes in it and preparing a fire. Overnight an arsonist/some vandals broke onto the site and lit the fire, the chimney came down almost exactly where he said it would.

Madness to think how he was able to do all the climbing, if I get half way up a ladder I feel all queasy!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here