Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players in your opinion will thrive under ' The magician ' Potter

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
It's absolutely staggering how much belief there is in the new man.

I'm cautiously optimistic but let's face it, how many players are usually transformed by a new manager? 1 or 2?

People seem to think every underperforming player is suddenly going to tear the league up. Football simply doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I'm cautiously optimistic but let's face it, how many players are usually transformed by a new manager? 1 or 2?

People seem to think every underperforming player is suddenly going to tear the league up. Football simply doesn't work like that I'm afraid.

It isn't just one new man is it? Hughton and his coaching staff have been replaced. Thank goodness. So, we have a new manager with a different approach to the game. A new coaching team with, hopefully some new ideas.

I'm hopefully optimistic that the new guys know what they're doing, know what's needed to improve things and know when it's time to employ Plan B when required. It could all go tits up-we'll find out in a few weeks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

You might be surprised with Ryan, he can be the start of the counter attack if he has players in front of him that are looking for a quick ball out from him, his distribution is excellent. I think Potter will use that at least in some games, if not all.

Yes, a fair point he does have good distribution.

Okay, just Duffy then!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Very well said ... As tragic as it might be, it could just be that one or two of our recent signings might not be up to much. I'm failing to see how GP is going to make both Jurgen and Ali (for example) ten yards quicker, whilst being able to beat a man and create chances etc. CH was a very good manager, an even better coach by all accounts and yet his system seems to have been so retrograde it made world beaters look like dross at PL level... or did it?!? come on, did it really?!? Or, were the players in question at the limit of their respective abilities?

I really hope GP produces on peoples expectations at Watford, otherwise BOY is he going to have a tough ride. Based on what I'm reading nothing less than a 3-0 win will suffice with two goals from Ali and one for Jurgen... I jest of course, but (people) you cannot hope to polish a turd - especially at this level.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here