Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Players in your opinion will thrive under ' The magician ' Potter

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
:bowdown:

I think Knocky will have a new lease of life, Locadia will come good, Not sure about Ali J although I would imagine he will get more game time so he will have a better season. Who do yo think will benefit from a new playing style under The MAGICIAN?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
March, Ali J and Locadia, I believe will all develop under Potter, I also think Andonne and Izzy, when fit, will show their full potential

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm surprised that anybody feels confident enough to answer this question. Despite watching a LOT of football, I've only seen Potter's sides play (I think) 4 times (Ostersund home and away v Arsenal, and Swansea's FA Cup games v Brentford and Man City.

His 'side' didn't play the same way in each of those games. About the only thing I've really nailed down is that PACE was important. I hope that continues here.

One thing that has been very poor in our play over the last 18 months is fast transition. In the Championship seasons we scored a good number of goals breaking quickly on sides. In the PL we haven't even tried to do it. The goal (well, the penalty) away at Arsenal, when March went flying off on his own was the first in a long time, and even then he had hardly any support.

What is more - before anyone suggests we just don't have fast enough players - it is more to do with set-up, intent and quick thinking, than just being able to run fast - our best breakaway goal of recent Amex seasons was started in our box, and then finished off, by a 35 year old Bobby Zamora.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think they will all benefit from a new way of playing but if anyone struggles I think it may be Duffy. Most players I have seen have shown at least a modicum of skill on the ball but I am not convinced that Duffy’s game is as adaptable as others. Dunk is in a different league.

el punal

:bowdown:

I think Knocky will have a new lease of life, Locadia will come good, Not sure about Ali J although I would imagine he will get more game time so he will have a better season. Who do yo think will benefit from a new playing style under The MAGICIAN?

Maybe a couple more signings. From Colombia - A Presto, he can conjure up chances a-plenty, and when that midfield wizard from Egypt, Abra-Kadabra, signs he’ll weave his magic like pulling rabbits out of a hat.

It’s all an illusion, so I will now disappear with my hat and coat. :drink:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think they will all benefit from a new way of playing but if anyone struggles I think it may be Duffy. Most players I have seen have shown at least a modicum of skill on the ball but I am not convinced that Duffy’s game is as adaptable as others. Dunk is in a different league.

The type of defender Duffy is will be more valuable than ever I think next season. He is a top player. Worry not.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm surprised that anybody feels confident enough to answer this question.

What is more - before anyone suggests we just don't have fast enough players - it is more to do with set-up, intent and quick thinking, than just being able to run fast - our best breakaway goal of recent Amex seasons was started in our box, and then finished off, by a 35 year old Bobby Zamora.

Zamora who arrived late [emoji6].

I think Propper May get into the box more which is why he may thrive. Also, if we are playing higher we may have more options.

All of the quoted para I agree with, but if you remove pace, you are stuffed. The example you quoted with Solly was achieved largely because of pace.

By the way, furiously agreeing with you.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm surprised that anybody feels confident enough to answer this question. Despite watching a LOT of football, I've only seen Potter's sides play (I think) 4 times (Ostersund home and away v Arsenal, and Swansea's FA Cup games v Brentford and Man City.

His 'side' didn't play the same way in each of those games. About the only thing I've really nailed down is that PACE was important. I hope that continues here.

One thing that has been very poor in our play over the last 18 months is fast transition. In the Championship seasons we scored a good number of goals breaking quickly on sides. In the PL we haven't even tried to do it. The goal (well, the penalty) away at Arsenal, when March went flying off on his own was the first in a long time, and even then he had hardly any support.

That's essentially what I based my guesses on. If he likes to play with pace it stands to reason our pacier players might fare quite well.

And that Bobby Z goal is my favourite from the AMEX era. Incredible.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I suspect i will get pilloried for this, but i think Muzza will. I think Potter will ask him to stay in the box as a focal point and to just do what he does best and finish. I think he will get 12-15 goals this season and cement his place as an albion legend.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I tend to think that Locadia might come good under Potter. He hasn't impressed me at all but it seems as if a change of manager might help him.

My suspicion is that Potter will not stand for the drinking culture that presumably blighted Hughton's final few months here. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd signed Clarke as a direct replacement for Duffy for that very reason.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

A run, oddly for me, I picked up on very early.

I was able to channel my inner 'night at the dogs' by repeatedly shouting words to the effect of:-

'come on Bobby'
'Keep going'
'You can do it'. :lol:

As said we have no idea who'll work and who won't.
We can all but guarantee at least 1 high profile signing will fall by the wayside.

All I want is 2 or 3 players breaking forward, heads up, linking with a striker.
If they screw up from there so be it, but at least fail from trying.

Oh and it'll be nice if the substitutions weren't always 65, 75 and 85 minutes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My suspicion is that Potter will not stand for the drinking culture that presumably blighted Hughton's final few months here. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd signed Clarke as a direct replacement for Duffy for that very reason.

I'm not certain I share your confidence, given that we are about to make a lad our record signing, who has recently been described by Belgian sources as 'really good when sober'... :facepalm:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How ANYONE thinks Locadia will come good I have no idea. The bloke has very little technical ability, although he does have a thunderous shot which I like very much.

He might be able to do the music for one of Potters plays for the community.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here