Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rafa gone..

What odds on Benitez being next manager I wonder. Worth a punt? Take over completed and straight back in?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Well if that happened, the next Newcastle manager wouldn't be him would it, in which case any bets on the others would ride until Benitez eventually left (or died in-post).

An electrician's getting the job? ???
Much more likely it'd be a lift technician.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't wholly agree... Prior to the Brighton game there was a sizable and very vocal Mike Ashley out protest. I do concur, however, that apathy has been building within the support for years... possibly post Bobby Robson. Again I return to the death of modern football, basically if the Geordies have lost their passion - well the game is dying, slowly but surely. Most of the fans I speak to find it impossible to relate to the money in the game, once the working geordie was priced out (or ooooot), well the loss of passion was inevitable.

Less the Toon Army, more the Town (Gosforth and Jesmond) Newcastle Utd appreciation society.
But how many walked in as the ref blew his whistle?
How many S/T holders?
How many new replica shirts?
How many bought a pie and pint at halftime?

We can all see the only way to remove Ashley is hit him in the wallet.
Yet the Geordies insist on 'he shouldn't stop us from seeing our team'.

Well suck it up knobbers cos you cant have both.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
But how many walked in as the ref blew his whistle?
How many S/T holders?
How many new replica shirts?
How many bought a pie and pint at halftime?

We can all see the only way to remove Ashley is hit him in the wallet.
Yet the Geordies insist on 'he shouldn't stop us from seeing our team'.

Well suck it up knobbers cos you cant have both.

I think people have missed my point. The demographic in the stands at Newcastle has shifted dramatically since the days of Keegan et al. Those who can now afford it have moved into the stands, and with it a section of passionate live and die for the shirt types have lost interest in the game and walked. I work in Northumberland, and a section of my customers from (let's say, less well off socio-economic backgrounds) back up this claim... "I used to be a season ticket holder... too expensive... (and yes) bad (very bad) owner.

Newcastle Utd are in a generational transitional phase, with the people in the stands bearing less and less resemblance to those of even 15 years ago.

They're leisure/pleasure seekers, not the passionate shirtless fans of old. Indeed the 'away' support bears more resemblance to the St. James of old... Where now (sadly), the atmosphere is akin to village green cricket match.

They're all fishing (literally angling), trust me. Sunderland are the same. Why rage against a machine you can't hope to beat/dislodge. Comparing this to the situation under Archer et al is akin to comparing an orange to an apple... It's totally different (times for a start) and the money involved makes the tangible impact of boycotts and/or protests etc. well... like a digestive trying to beat a cup of tea at it's own game.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Well if that happened, the next Newcastle manager wouldn't be him would it, in which case any bets on the others would ride until Benitez eventually left (or died in-post).

Much more likely it'd be a lift technician.

Even if he's left the club prior to the take over?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The markets still reckon we’re twice as likely as the Geordies to be heading back to the Championship next May.

B9C9F388-6EF2-4EEE-971B-2C7F0E7B3E97.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barry Glendenning got stuck into the Newcastle fans on today's early Football Weekly podcast.

He rather iced the cake of a quite glorious episode, which had everything from coffee tables to weapons via Derby County managers from the early 1900's.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When he chucked it in at NUFC, I was waiting for surprise unveiling at Chelsea.

Chelsea fans do not like Benitez, even though he won them a cup and got them to a decent league position. Not good enough for those entitled twats. Why would he even want to go there again?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's gone to Dalian Yifang in China on a £12m deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48831519

Quite surprised by that. Obviously its all about the money, but disappearing off to a backwater league that nobody cares about on the other side of the planet would seem a strange career move, when he could likely have had his pick taking charge at a major European club before long.

Hard to turn down £12m though I suppose.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Just like most in modern football it's all about the money but I'm sure most geordie will blame Ashley completely and Rafa will take his lovely new Pay cheque.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's gone to Dalian Yifang in China on a £12m deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48831519

Quite surprised by that. Obviously its all about the money, but disappearing off to a backwater league that nobody cares about on the other side of the planet would seem a strange career move, when he could likely have had his pick taking charge at a major European club before long.

Hard to turn down £12m though I suppose.

And only a few days later. All rather convenient. Almost as though he had it in the bag all along.

Gets to walk away from Newcastle with his reputation unscathed, and they still worship the ground he walks on, blaming Ashley for everything. Genius, Rafa. Genius.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know it's wrong.
I know it's somewhat derogatory at best, downright racist at worst.
I know I shouldn't be so ignorant, but.

I still think upon China as:-

UltimateBeijing__HERO_shutterstock_167731961.jpg

&

china-paddy-field-rice11.jpg

Rafa's new place of work looks like this:-

dalian-yifang-fc-f145fc16-c68d-4e22-841f-7dccefcc799-resize-750.jpeg

:drool:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope Rafa doesn't mind flights. Some of the away games are 1500 miles away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here