Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] I Can Go For That:The Smooth World Of Yacht Rock - BBC Four

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just watching part two of yet another magnificent BBC Four music program, if you were into music in the 80s you will love it.

However was never aware it was called Yacht Rock in the USA.

Get downloading on the BBC iPlayer

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Just watching part two of yet another magnificent BBC Four music program, if you were into music in the 80s you will love it.

However was never aware it was called Yacht Rock in the USA.

Get downloading on the BBC iPlayer

I was living in Liverpool during the 80s when Miami Vice was setting all the trends.

Imagine a spotty youth in a peach linen jacket (sleeves pushed up to mid forearm), white jeans (espadrilles... no socks) white cotton collarless shirt and too much gel on the swede standing on the windswept foredeck of the Mersey Iris, freezing his arse off as that sturdy old vessel battered its way from the pier head to sunny Wallasey and you’ve got me.

I hate the 80s.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I watched last week's for about ten minutes and assumed it was a Spinal Tap-style satire.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was living in Liverpool during the 80s when Miami Vice was setting all the trends.

Imagine a spotty youth in a peach linen jacket (sleeves pushed up to mid forearm), white jeans (espadrilles... no socks) white cotton collarless shirt and too much gel on the swede standing on the windswept foredeck of the Mersey Iris, freezing his arse off as that sturdy old vessel battered its way from the pier head to sunny Wallasey and you’ve got me.

I hate the 80s.

Meanwhile in America....I give you The Miami Sound :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAQSZhazYk8

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] .... thank you for that, I missed it but will catch it on iplayer.

The 80’s were immense in so many ways for myself and my mates. We were in our late teens and twenties, the best time of our lives. Like any era there was some musical dirge, but more than outweighed by so many innovative sounds across many genre, along with a lot of bloody good pop songs.

Can’t wait to watch it. :smile:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
[MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION] .... thank you for that, I missed it but will catch it on iplayer.

The 80’s were immense in so many ways for myself and my mates. We were in our late teens and twenties, the best time of our lives. Like any era there was some musical dirge, but more than outweighed by so many innovative sounds across many genre, along with a lot of bloody good pop songs.

Can’t wait to watch it. :smile:

I totally forgot how good the Doobie Brothers were, awesome

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
4131ZD55CEL.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here