Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mark Field

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hunt has dismissed it as an over reaction. Tories have to try and avoid assault charges for this guy otherwise their paper thin majority is no more.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hunt has dismissed it as an over reaction. Tories have to try and avoid assault charges for this guy otherwise their paper thin majority is no more.

If the protestor wants to really shake things up she should pursue an assault charge. Stick the knife in (not that she carries a knife).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Huge social media overreaction to which you have replied over 20 times on this thread already. :lolol:

I don’t consider this social media. Maybe I should have said mainstream social media. I detest most of what I consider social media.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don’t consider this social media. Maybe I should have said mainstream social media. I detest most of what I consider social media.

How convenient :)

Eitherwho, I’m glad to see the posters in favour of violence against women are in the minority , although one is too many, IMO ans it's rather unsettling to see just what a bad judge of what is reasonable force some people possess.

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

This is a publicly viewable internet forum. How is it not social media?

Hang on, don't answer that as it will need it's own thread and poll. :)

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
hunt.field (2).jpgBob-Hoskins-Rik-Mayall-557061 (2).jpg One of these was an utter comic genius, the other is an utter comic ass whole.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On BBC R4 news now they will be talking to a person who "removes protestors" for a living and how to do it properly....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]1142085547059568641[/tweet]

kjgood

You don’t know what anyone is going to do? So how do you make the judgement calls to get you through each day without feeling the need to assault women?

I’m obviously not advocating violence against women or anyone in fact. But the protestors were invading a space where there were government ministers and the like. There have been recent terrorist attacks in London and security should have been a lot tighter. Unfortunately some terrorists are women.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
If the protestor wants to really shake things up she should pursue an assault charge. Stick the knife in (not that she carries a knife).
She as already said she will not press charges and wants him to go to anger management.

I would press charges and teach these elite pricks that they are not above the law.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I’m obviously not advocating violence against women or anyone in fact. But the protestors were invading a space where there were government ministers and the like. There have been recent terrorist attacks in London and security should have been a lot tighter. Unfortunately some terrorists are women.
See post #256

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
If I'd seen a man handle a woman around the neck like that in public, regardless if she was a protester, I'd intervene and help the woman out.

Thoughts go out to Mark Field's wife.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If I'd seen a man handle a woman around the neck like that in public, regardless if she was a protester, I'd intervene and help the woman out.

Thoughts go out to Mark Field's wife.

Quite. There seems to be some confusion among some that just because she is protesting one can do whatever they like to her.

kjgood

My point being that the other protesters were ushered out and not man handled..

I get that and it does appear that the guy was either angry, annoyed or had a wine too many and it does appear that he used a little bit more than reasonable force, but a court will decide that. He also didn't use recognised control and restraint techniques to restrain the woman. BUT you cannot ignore the security implications to ministers of the crown and others especially with recent events in London. The protesters should never had got that far into the venue and that lady was making a beeline directly for the rostrum not like the others who were milling around at the back. Any decent close protection person would have stopped her..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here